Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cvlanger2

Swans Down Cake Mix

I'm new at the posting of questions (and a Celiac for 2 years) hope I do it right.

Sorry in advance for the dumb question; but is Swans down cake flour Gluten free?

I was watching the Food network the other night and I thought Elton Brown, while making an angel food cake, mentioned "Swans down cake flour has no gluten" which makes it the best for making angel food cake..........I'm confused and also curious, I haven't seen it in the stores for years, or I would check the box. I wrote to the Co; but no response :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'm new at the posting of questions (and a Celiac for 2 years) hope I do it right.

Sorry in advance for the dumb question; but is Swans down cake flour Gluten free?

I was watching the Food network the other night and I thought Elton Brown, while making an angel food cake, mentioned "Swans down cake flour has no gluten" which makes it the best for making angel food cake..........I'm confused and also curious, I haven't seen it in the stores for years, or I would check the box. I wrote to the Co; but no response :(

Hi and welcome to the board!

Swan's Down Cake Flour does indeed contain gluten--it's enriched wheat flour!

Here is the info straight from their website--

http://www.luzianne.com/display_nutrition.cfm?ID=42&

I hope you will continue posting and if there's anything else we can do for you, just ask :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev