Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mouse

Happy Birthday Jerseyangel

Thanks everyone! :D

I had a very nice day. Mark and I went shopping, then later on spent time hanging out with the family.

We grilled steaks outside (Mark had to go out and sweep off the deck--it snowed late in the afternoon) and I made a gluten-free pineapple upside-down cake. :)

Glad you had a nice day Patti (yes, shopping is good for the soul -ONLY if you are buying for yourself though ;) )

Oh my gosh -- PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE!!!!!

I LOVE THAT!!! You MUST share the recipe Patti !! :P

Hi Nikki :D

This is a very easy recipe that I threw together one day, and it worked :lol:

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake

Heat oven to 350. While oven is heating up, put 4 tbsp. butter or margarine in a 8 in. square pan and put in oven to melt. Remove from oven when melted, sprinkle 1/2 cup brown sugar over the melted butter and spoon a can of drained, crushed pineapple evenly over top of the sugar. Set aside.

Prepare Gluten Gree Pantry Cake and Cookie Mix as directed for cake. Subsitiute the reserved pineapple juice for the water or milk. Spread cake batter over fruit in pan and bake for about 40 minutes. (Test cake for doneness).

Let set in pan for 5 minutes, then carefully--it's hot!!--invert cake onto dish.

Yum :P

Oh Patti, that sounds so good, I think I'll make one later this week. Does it fit into our diet? Or do we have to eat tiny amounts and have salad with it? :lol:

Oh Patti, that sounds so good, I think I'll make one later this week. Does it fit into our diet? Or do we have to eat tiny amounts and have salad with it? :lol:

:lol: That's so funny, Shirley!

I splurged yesterday because it was my birthday--but how to explain the piece I had for breakfast today :unsure:

Well, back to the real world--yep, tiny amounts ...with salad :D

Patti, our angel!! Have a wonderful day, no matter what you do. :)

You bring so much to this forum and I know I speak for everyone in saying that we all appreciate it so much. Enjoy your day!

I have to agree with Susan's post.

I can't believe I missed your birthday! :(

Happy Birthday Patti (belated)

I splurged yesterday because it was my birthday--but how to explain the piece I had for breakfast today :unsure:

When it's your birthday you have every conceivable excuse to continue to indulge in your birthday dessert (no matter how long or short it lasts :P ).

That does sound good though. I'm assuming that the mix has soy in it? :(

Thanks for the recipe Patti!! :P

Yes!!, cake for breakfast (or chocolate) should be the law !! ;)

I'm assuming that the mix has soy in it? :(

Nope--I have to avoid soy. I like the GFP mixes because most of them are free of the things I'm sensitive to. Here's a link to the ingredients of the cake mix--I know you have so many sensitivities to consider--

http://www.gluten free.com/item_detail.aspx?ItemCode=126029M

Nope--I have to avoid soy. I like the GFP mixes because most of them are free of the things I'm sensitive to. Here's a link to the ingredients of the cake mix--I know you have so many sensitivities to consider--

Now that sounds like something we could have. :) Thanks Patti.

I knew it...I meant to post yesterday! Happy Birthday...hope it was wonderful and where I'm from...BIRTHDAY WEEKS ARE ALL the rage!!!!!