Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Q1821

A Few Questions About This

Ok, I don't know if I have dermatitis herpetiformis because I don't think I have gotten a good description of it. Here is what I have, I only seem to get them on my head and some times by bottom. I only get a few at a time and they start off just very painful spots. You can't see them, sometimes they get red but then they get so painful I pop them and they just get a little p%$#@# and then they bleed. I also get little white bumps on my lets and back of my arms, anyone else get them? Anyone else know about the other bumps I have? Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Ok, I don't know if I have dermatitis herpetiformis because I don't think I have gotten a good description of it. Here is what I have, I only seem to get them on my head and some times by bottom. I only get a few at a time and they start off just very painful spots. You can't see them, sometimes they get red but then they get so painful I pop them and they just get a little p%$#@# and then they bleed. I also get little white bumps on my lets and back of my arms, anyone else get them? Anyone else know about the other bumps I have? Thanks

I am new here and also newly diagnosed. I was diagnosed at Thanksgiving. I have started having these also. I get one or two on my face everyweek, and yesterday I had a breakout of several on my neck and around my collar bone. They don't itch, but they do look like boils or papuls. Like you nothing seems to come out but some fluid. They do get very sore sometimes.

i think that dermatitis herpetiformis is extremely itchy. i think it can show up in a number of places, but the most common are elbows, knees and the bum. it is usually symetrical on both sides of your body, but i'm sure there are exceptions.

Christine

15 year old twins with celiac, diagnosed dec. 2005

11 year old daughter with celiac diagnosed dec 2005

17 year old son with celiac gene

Are they small spots or larger? Or both. I would get small clusters (3 to 5) of small blister. sometime just one, but they itch really bad. They eventually turn red and go away. Now that I am gluten free I dont get them to often, usually after my digestive tract tells me I have been glutened.

I have also had the really sore spots, I figured they were boils....but I dont really know what causes them.

"The only thing constant in life is change"

Celiac not confirmed, but positive results with diet change

Gluten free since 10/06

Q1821 i get this alot also, and it is something i have wondered myself. if you hear anything more about this lmk as i would like to know please.

i also get like some sort of ravenous acne on the shoulder, upper back and chest; do you get this?

lmk,

jdog