Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vampella

Final Testing For Emmah

Her enterolab gene test should be arriving at the lab by 10:30 this morning.

Wish us luck.

Also someone wanted to know how much the shipping cost me to send it back, it's was only 33.81 for over night from Manitoba Canada to Dallas TX.

We had her monthly weight and height again yesterday and she's gained another 1/2 lb. She's now 28 lbs and 37 1/2 i nchs tall at 4. YAY EMMIE!! That's like 5 lbs or so thus far & I think 2 inch's.

Also, Emmah's Dr got the letter from that horrible gastro and he laughed at it very hard because I had seen him the next day fuming angry & told him everything that happened.

She told him which he found funny as hell that I DIDN'T know why We were there, not her *ya OK*, and in the top of the letter that the IGA levels were fine but go to the bottom of the letter and it Say's well I don't know what her iga levels are.

She also went on to cover her ass, she said" this does not mean Celiacs will not develop in the near future"

He also told me that in her letter that she was saying the reason she believed emmah didn't have celiacs was because firstly the neg ttg & secondly no indented buttocks. remembering she's already be gluten-free for 4 months before getting to the gastro. he said she was going by "old" symptoms from 20 + yrs ago. before tests were more accurate. he said children who had indented buttocks and such were so far gone by the time they were dx'ed that they had these symptoms which we rarely see now since getting the ttg and parents awareness. she was a weirdo and I LOVE how she covered her butt!

Emmah's been gluten-free for 5 months now & doing great.

Anyway, thanks for all your support, I don't know if I could've done any of this somewhat properly without you.

Char

Emmah 4 years- Celiac , gluten-free October 2006

Leigh-Ann 7 Years- Gluten lite

Gary- possible celiac

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

She also said in her letter that she was against the gluten-free diet LOL I just laughed and said good for her.

Char

Gary- possible celiac

Good luck!!

I can't believe that a GI dr thinks a child has to have an "indented buttock" to have celiac. So, would my dd's cute little dimples on her bum count?? :lol:

ptkds

ptkds

Mom of 4 beautiful girls (the 2 youngest are only 10 months apart!)
Diagnosed with Celiac disease on November 8, 2006; gluten-free as of 12-1-06.

DD#2 13 years old; diagnosed on November 28, 2006. gluten-free as of 12-7-06.
DD#3 9 years old; diagnosed through blood work in October 2006. Gluten-free as of mid-November and doing GREAT!!
DD#4 8 years old; had a scope done on 6-22-07 (at 14 months old) and the dr saw stomach ulcers, but all test results were negative. GI dr told us to put her on the gluten free diet anyway. She is gluten free as of 6-22-07.

So enterolabs did get the tests yesterday. yay. Does it really take the 2-3 weeks to get the results????

it's just too darn long to wait.

Char

Gary- possible celiac

So enterolabs did get the tests yesterday. yay. Does it really take the 2-3 weeks to get the results????

it's just too darn long to wait.

It took 2 weeks to get our results. We sent them on a Monday and we had the results first thing in the a.m. exactly 2 weeks later on Monday. We did the full test tho--gluten, dairy, and gene.

Good luck!