Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AllysonBrightMeyer

Pasteurized Process Cheese Food?

Okay, so can anyone tell me if Pasteurized Process Cheese Food (i.e. Velveeta, Easy Cheese) etc is gluten free?

I was diagnosed just over a month ago. I had heard that these kinds of cheeses were gluten free. My dietician told me I could not eat them. I told her that I thought they were safe, and her response was, "But why would you want to eat that? It's not good for you." My question, "But is it safe?" She would not give me a straight answer, only kept telling me I shouldn't eat it because it was "bad," but would not specify whether or not it was gluten-free. The whole process with her was very frustrating. I'm learning now that most of the info she gave me was outdated, and it's caused a lot of unnecessary frustrations.

Anyway, if there's anyone out there who can clear that up for me, the help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Allyson

Allyson Bright Meyer

Author, Scrapbook Artist, Mixed-Media Crafter

Gluten-free since January 12, 2007

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Velveeta and Easy Cheese (cheese in the can) are both KRAFT products. Kraft will clearly list any gluten containing ingredients on the label. So you can feel safe reading the label to check for gluten :)

I just had some easy cheese last week (with the blue lid) and it was quite tasty and gluten free :)

Velveeta is also gluten free and sooooo tasty mixed with some rotel and toritilla chips to dip!!

Enjoy!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Jessica

Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!

Kansas

Velveeta and Easy Cheese (cheese in the can) are both KRAFT products. Kraft will clearly list any gluten containing ingredients on the label. So you can feel safe reading the label to check for gluten :)

I just had some easy cheese last week (with the blue lid) and it was quite tasty and gluten free :)

Velveeta is also gluten free and sooooo tasty mixed with some rotel and toritilla chips to dip!!

Enjoy!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

I am so excited to read those are both gluten free, i love them both. I am also happy to see rotel is safe. I am going shopping today lol

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

Thanks so much - it's great to know those are okay.

Now, if I could just have a dietician who will give me straight answers!

Allyson Bright Meyer

Author, Scrapbook Artist, Mixed-Media Crafter

Gluten-free since January 12, 2007

You'll find that in a short amount of time, with your own research and this site, you will know more about gluten-free foods that most dieticians or any other medical professional. The info I received while hospitalized for Celiac symptoms was also outdated and very general. The dietary dept. thought that since the list had the general term "meat", that I could eat country fried steak (breaded w/wheat flour), and a yeast roll. Since it was a meat, they thought it was OK. When I told them it was not OK, they sent up rice with brown gravy. I simply ate the apple for supper that night.

Like I said, your own research and help from this site will be your best chance at staying gluten-free.