Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest jokamo

Fiber Anyone?

Guest jokamo

I think I need more fiber in my diet. :ph34r: Can I use Fibersure, or Benefiber to mix into my recipes???

Thanks Jodi

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I think I need more fiber in my diet. :ph34r: Can I use Fibersure, or Benefiber to mix into my recipes???

Thanks Jodi

There is more than one product out there to use. I added Metamucil, (I mix it with water) I did not see any gluten sources listed in the ingredients. If the fibersure has no wheat sources try it in your recipes.

My other sources of fiber,,fresh pineapple, and I add a few precooked beans to my homemade soups or have a side of baked beans with my meal.

Personally, I like shredded coconut. Though I started using that as a source of lauric acid, it is indeed a source of fiber (I don't know how the percentage compares to other sources). Thus far it has added a wonderful taste to every meal I've put it in (every meal of every day :)). Of course, I really like coconut quite a bit. For those who don't, I suppose there are plenty of nuts and seeds which can provide the desired fiber content. Lots of fruits and veggies offer an abundance of fiber though, and popcorn has loads of fiber from what I can tell from the nutrition labels. Whole grains are good sources too. With all the veggies and grains I eat, I've never seen the need to increase my fiber intake, so I haven't searched out the foods which are particularly high in fiber. Sometimes I wonder if I get too much.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

Ground flaxseeds are good for you and are supposed to be the healthiest fiber. I try them, but I am not sure how much they agree with me. SOmetimes they just make me more bloated. I have used Citrucel and it is a gentle fiber and bulking fiber. It works well, but gets old. I haven't tried the one's you mentioned, sorry.

Monica

Ground flaxseeds are good for you and are supposed to be the healthiest fiber. I try them, but I am not sure how much they agree with me. SOmetimes they just make me more bloated. I have used Citrucel and it is a gentle fiber and bulking fiber. It works well, but gets old. I haven't tried the one's you mentioned, sorry.

Monica

WE had flaxseeds to anythign we can and I also add fibersure to pasta sauces, eggs, even juices when I need an extra boost... it is 100% gluten free no wheat at all :)

I love popcorn :lol: It's low callorie and loads of fiber.

Shirley

[save the Earth, It's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Gluten free since 1989

West Kootenay.... British Columbia