Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

plantime

My Very Good Friend

Dessa,

Just saw this thread. My heart goes out to you and her family.....

Sending prayers your way for strength (and lots of cyber hugs).....

Hugs.

Karen

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

Dessa, I am so sorry for your loss. I know what it is to lose a good friend. I lost one of 25 years, she was murdered and the guy got off. Whether a person is killed by a disease, a person or anything else it is okay to hate it for taking your friend as it is part of the grieving process.. When my friend died we rejoiced in her life and had a good old fashioned wake. That is what she wanted and that is what we did. It makes the process so much easier. Toast her life and celebrate it. We told stories, played her favorite music and laughed at all our fond memories of her.

Having a wake makes it so much easier to bear. During the ceremony we cried but after we had the wake. You may want to do that even if you have to do it alone.

Rusla

Asthma-1969

wheat/ dairy allergies, lactose/casein intolerance-1980

Multiple food, environmental allergies

allergic to all antibiotics except sulpha

Rheumitoid arthritis,Migraine headaches,TMJ- 1975

fibromyalgia-1995

egg allergy-1997

msg allergy,gall bladder surgery-1972

Skin Biopsy positive DH-Dec.1 2005, confirmed celiac disease

gluten-free totally since Nov. 28, 2005

Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism- 2005

Pernicious Anemia 1999 (still anemic on and off.)

Osteoporosis Aug. 2006

Creative people need maids.

Dessa,

Nothing I can say can make the hurt and sadness go away. There are many out there who grieve with you and for your loss,,,me included. I am so sorry your friend is gone.

My 47 year old brother gave up the fight Feb 4 and my tears just roll down my cheeks as I write this. I didn't want to see my suffering, ill brother go on living but I want my healthy, loving brother BACK and now I can comfort myself with the memories of all those good times , cause when I was with him he made the time special (We lived far apart and only saw each other twice a year or so.

So let the tear flow and yes, the anger is normal. There are stages of grieving and anger is one of them.

Grieving with you, Sherylj

((Dessa)) ~ I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend!

Mom of:

Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.

Gluten-Free since 10/05 She's a gymnast. : )

Nick ~ 13 years old with no known allergies.

Dessa - I am so sorry for your loss. It's ok to be angry. We are all hear to support you in this hard time. HUGS.

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne