Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest jokamo

Liquor?

Guest jokamo

My hubby and I are going to have dinner with another couple tomarrow night. We always have a lot of fun playing cards or games for hours! During this time we also have some drinks and snacks. Of course, the dinner all the snacks will be gluten free, but what about liquor??

I have already tried the Red Bridge beer which is good, but I am not much of a beer drinker. I enjoy my mixed drinks. This will be the first time since going gluten-free that I will be wanting to have a few drinks! Anyone know know about Peach Schnapps, Bailey's Irish Cream or Khalua (sp). :rolleyes: I would really like to have a drink with my friends.

Thanks Jodi

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Peach Schnapps, which I love, is gluten free. I am not sure about the others. Peachtree is my favorite drink of all time, enjoy one for me--ok. I can't have any liquor anymore, for some reason it all makes me very ill.

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

Guest jokamo
Peach Schnapps, which I love, is gluten free. I am not sure about the others. Peachtree is my favorite drink of all time, enjoy one for me--ok. I can't have any liquor anymore, for some reason it all makes me very ill.

darlindeb25

Thanks for the reply! I'm so glad that Peachtree is gluten free! I will enjoy one for you, maybe 2 or 3! :rolleyes: If anyone else knows about the others, I would like to hear from you!!

Jodi

My hubby and I are going to have dinner with another couple tomarrow night. We always have a lot of fun playing cards or games for hours! During this time we also have some drinks and snacks. Of course, the dinner all the snacks will be gluten free, but what about liquor??

I have already tried the Red Bridge beer which is good, but I am not much of a beer drinker. I enjoy my mixed drinks. This will be the first time since going gluten-free that I will be wanting to have a few drinks! Anyone know know about Peach Schnapps, Bailey's Irish Cream or Khalua (sp). :rolleyes: I would really like to have a drink with my friends.

Thanks Jodi

Bailey

Diagnosed as an infant failing to thrive 40 years ago. Followed diet for 17 years more or less then quit. 20 odd years later after constant illnesses and reading this forum gone back to gluten-free with my tail between my legs.

I did a google to confirm - Bailey's is made from Irish Whiskey, which is made from barley. So, depending on whether you believe the distilling gets rid of the gluten...

I also did a google and found "Does Kahlua contain gluten?", which had a statement:

The makers of Kahlua, Allied Domecq (ultimately Pernod Ricard),

provide the following limited information on the ingredients, but it

does match the above:

Gluten free since July 97

corn free since Jan 98

Never diagnosed by a Doctor

Symptoms cleared on gluten-free diet

Mom and one sister are also gluten-free

One sister with type I diabetes (diagnosed at age 10)

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    freedom.dtt
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Who's Online (See full list)