Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TinkerbellSwt

Bonefish Grill

Finally... we tried the Bonefish Grill that just moved into our town a few months ago. Wow, it was great. My in laws didnt like it, they wanted to know why they didnt get salads for free before the dinner and such.. oh well... I had the saucy shrimp for appetizer... oh yum, I could have had that just for dinner. Then I had the Lilys Chicken... I know Bonefish, should get fish... but this chicken was outrageous!! two huge pieces of goat cheese on top, with spinach and artichokes.. and a lemon basil sauce, very light sauce, and all delicious!!

I cant wait to go again!

Stephanie

Gluten free since October 05

son born severly premature due to

celiac

"True love stories never end" Richard Bach

"Did you ever stop thinking and forget to start again?" AA Milne

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you" AA Milne

Swimming Instructor #2 and Town Crier of Rachelville

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I like it too. It's one of the few places I'll eat out at. They have quite a variety to chose from, especially when you consider all the combinations of seafood and sauces that are possible. Definitely not bland. Very flavorful.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

I love Bonefish! I quite often get a steak there ... their steaks are wonderful. I also like the sea bass with the mango sauce.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

What perfect timing.. We have a Bonefish five minutes from my house never tried it and am trying it tonite. I am excited my boyfriend is picky and does not eat much seafood but he will enjoy it! Thanx again!

"There is always a Brighter side to every situation"

I just went to Bonefish for the first time and i was not as impressed as i thought i would be. I like Legal Seafoods much better, but maybe thats just my personal taste. I found the waiters to be accomodating, but when i asked for the gluten-free menu, my server had no clue what that was and said "i've never heard of gluten before!" That was a little unsettling. Then, when my meal came out, it had spaghetti squash on it, so i told the waiter that the menu said "vegetable garnish is not gluten free" and when he went back and checked, he told me the squash had gluten (WHY?!) He asked if i wanted to eat everything else on the plate and just not the squash and of course i said no. On the up side, he did then take it back and make me a fresh meal, but i would expect a restaurant that advertises as being celiac friendly would inform their waiters what gluten was. The food was much heavier than i'm used to - i like my fish simply grilled without a lot of oil or salt.

What about the kids menu? has anyone taken their kids that are gluten-free with them? What did they get, I think I am going to order an adult entree for the both of them to split.

Melissa

gluten free since 10/04

Tampa Bay, FL

I think a child might like your choice of fish or seafood with the mango salsa. It's very fruity with very little of the other flavors associated with salsas. I often get that with mashed pot. and steamed veg. Be aware that the portions for the shrimp and scallops are pretty small. The bacon wrapped sea scallops with mango salsa(appetizer) might be a good choice too.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

I just went to Bonefish for the first time and i was not as impressed as i thought i would be. I like Legal Seafoods much better, but maybe thats just my personal taste. I found the waiters to be accomodating, but when i asked for the gluten-free menu, my server had no clue what that was and said "i've never heard of gluten before!" That was a little unsettling. Then, when my meal came out, it had spaghetti squash on it, so i told the waiter that the menu said "vegetable garnish is not gluten free" and when he went back and checked, he told me the squash had gluten (WHY?!) He asked if i wanted to eat everything else on the plate and just not the squash and of course i said no. On the up side, he did then take it back and make me a fresh meal, but i would expect a restaurant that advertises as being celiac friendly would inform their waiters what gluten was. The food was much heavier than i'm used to - i like my fish simply grilled without a lot of oil or salt.

Stefi: What is the location of this Bonefish restaurant?

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

Stefi: What is the location of this Bonefish restaurant?

This was the one in FL - it is in between Jupiter and Palm Beach, dont remember the exact location, maybe Palm Beach Gardens?

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    AshokPrajapat
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Who's Online (See full list)