Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What martinis does everyone drink.... I am used to wines and a potato vodka...but I need something a little different since I always drink vodkas....any good drink ideas... we are going out to dinner tonite..

"There is always a Brighter side to every situation"

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Flavored martinis are a fun drink. I like cosmpolitans the best ... but be sure to check with the bartender about the mixers. One time I found that a margarita mixer used by a restaurant had wheat in it! I still ask for potato vodka, even in a flavored martini. Chocolate martinis are great, too!

Rum drinks are also fine. Mojitos are popular drinks right now and many restaurants serve them.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

You Rock... Thankyou. I quit drinking for years because of course I like beer and bourbons and was always getting sick even from one beer. There was a time I could handle it.. So now im venturing out it is fun!

What martinis does everyone drink.... I am used to wines and a potato vodka...but I need something a little different since I always drink vodkas....any good drink ideas... we are going out to dinner tonite..

"There is always a Brighter side to every situation"

You Rock... Thankyou. I quit drinking for years because of course I like beer and bourbons and was always getting sick even from one beer. There was a time I could handle it.. So now im venturing out it is fun!

I really like Jack Daniels myself! They say they're gluten-free, and the distillation process is supposed to remove the gluten.

Some people get sick from distilled liquor, others do not. I wouldn't test it at a restaurant though because you won't know whether the food or the drink glutened you if you do have symptoms afterward.

There is a big debate on here whether the distillation process completely removes gluten and many feel strongly about their position (you will be hearing from gfp now that I've said all this :P ).

After having said all this, I can't drink right now at all! I'll test when I can because I miss JD ... it's been over a year!

I've never been a beer drinker (it's always made me sick, LOL), but hubby likes Redbridge, the new gluten-free beer by Budweiser.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06