Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Naja

Can Someone Please Help Me Understand My Test Results?

I got my blood test results back today, but I have NO CLUE if I'm interpreting them right. My doctor isn't in until Monday, and he admitted to me that he has never diagnosed anyone with Celiac before and doesn't know much about it so I don't think he's going to be much help anyway. Here's what my test results said:

Antigliadin Ab, IgA = 2

Antigliadin Ab IgG = 4

t-Transglutaminase = <1

So clueless. Anyone who has had the test before can you please help me determine what these numbers mean?

THANK YOU!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yes! I'm sorry, I should have posted those. Thanks for responding!

Antigliadin Ab IgA

0-4

Negative = 0-4

Positive = >4

Antigliadin Ab IgG

0-9

Negative = 0-9

Positive = >9

t-Transglutaminase IgA

0-3

Negative = 0-3

Weak positive = 4-10

Positive = >10

The blood work is negative.

Apparently you were having symptoms, at least I assume since you were tested, so I'd try the diet to see if it helps. Both my blood work and my biopsy were negative, but I find I'm as sensitive as a celiac to even a little bit of gluten.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

As Carla said, the blood work is negative. That could mean one of three things:

1) You have no problem with gluten

2) You have celiac disease, but your villi aren't damaged enough yet for your blood work to be positive

3) You don't officially have celiac disease, but you are gluten intolerant

There is one way to find out: Go on the gluten-free diet and see if it makes any difference. If you find you feel better without gluten, eliminate it. It would be best to eliminate all dairy at first as well. You can try to reintroduce dairy after six months.

If you still have doubts even after feeling better off gluten, you can purposely eat gluten after a few months to see what will happen. If you are gluten intolerant, you should get a reaction (some people get a very violent one, while mine is usually delayed by a few days).

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    SDBella
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Who's Online (See full list)