Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

loco_ladi

Nebraska Checking In

Where in Nebraska do you live? I lived and worked in Lincoln for many, many years and have retired back to my home state Missouri. I have been gluten free since January of this year, still struggling but getting there. I am trying to learn how to use the message boards and respond. Will see if this works. I need more help learning how to use this than anything else. I HAVE learned from just reading the postings. My name is Bunnie as in Rabbit!

Guest aparde
Well, I checked nd didn't see anyone yet posting for Nebraska so here I am little ole me anyone else?

Hi! I am from Nebraska too! :) My daughter has celiac and has been diagnosed for 3 years now. My dad is also celiac.

Welcome to the boards!

I am way out west, darn near into wyoming in fact.....

I moved here about 2000 and LOVE IT! its so totally great you can see for miles and miles and since I was raised in Maine, land of mountains and trees its a big change for me!

Nice to meet you all!

I've been diagnosed silent celiac just over 3 years. That means I have benefitted from the gluten-free diet, but am not bothered by "falling off" occasionally. Just an honor system. I was anemic and losing/not gaining weight regardless of what or how much I ate. The doctor in Lincoln diagnosing me said I could decide whether to go gluten-free or not. I called the Mayo Clinic and talked to one of their gastroenterologists for a second opinion. He said by all means I needed to be on the gluten-free diet as I would not be absorbing crucial vitamins I needed. He suggested I have a bone density scan done for osteoporosis. That proved valuable as I have been on Actonel and 1800 mg of supplemental calcium daily for 2 years. I tell people that I have gained 25 pounds since going on my "diet"! I live in Grand Island and know of a local support group in Kearney that meets 1-2 times a year. ;)

Anyone still here? This is all new for me (for my son) and local help is always good.

Hi! I live outside of Lincoln a little ways. I'm in Lincoln all the time though. Where are you from?

Ann