Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cheri A

Olive Garden

My DH and son wanted to eat at Olive Garden yesterday. I would have never attempted to eat there, but DH called the manager and was comfortable enough to try it. Upon arriving, it was a bit unnerving because the hostess didn't know what a Gluten-Free menu was. But then DH said that we had called and talked to **** and would he please come out. From then on it went ok.

Carleigh had her own separate salad dish without tomatos, croutons and dressing. She had oil and vinegar. She also had a plain grilled chicken breast and plain steamed broccoli.

Mom of:

Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.

Gluten-Free since 10/05 She's a gymnast. : )

Nick ~ 13 years old with no known allergies.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

That's terrific!

Linda, Mom to Ty (11 years old)

Ty was diagnosed by blood test June 7/05

biopsy Aug 11/05, diagnosis confirmed Aug 18/05

Mom, Dad and big brother Celiac-free.

My DH and son wanted to eat at Olive Garden yesterday. I would have never attempted to eat there, but DH called the manager and was comfortable enough to try it. Upon arriving, it was a bit unnerving because the hostess didn't know what a Gluten-Free menu was. But then DH said that we had called and talked to **** and would he please come out. From then on it went ok.

Carleigh had her own separate salad dish without tomatos, croutons and dressing. She had oil and vinegar. She also had a plain grilled chicken breast and plain steamed broccoli.

That's great. But why no tomatoes? Preference or is there something I should know?

Celiac - Gluten Free since Late December 2006

Positive Dietary response, biopsy, Enterolab

Lactose intolerant - dietary response test only

Nothing to do with celiac, just her preference! (She'll eat them cooked in something, but not raw :o

Mom of:

Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.

Gluten-Free since 10/05 She's a gymnast. : )

Nick ~ 13 years old with no known allergies.

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Bob Loblaw
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Who's Online (See full list)