Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Last year my step-son got these really weird black spots on his toes. we took him to our regualr dr, he had no idea, then we took him to a foot dr and they had no idea. They only thing they said if they come back it could be an odd skin cancer. I havent looked lately, and he hasnt said anything. But has anyone else every had little black spots on their toes or any other part. Reading about others and lupus, it made me remember those black spots. And since i never got anywere where drs, i thought you all might have an idea. He had these black spots before he was diagnosed with bronchial asthma, but im sure those two have nothing in common

thank you

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I don't know about the spots, BUT.....asthma does have a connection with celiac/gluten.....not all people with asthma have this link, but a great many actually DO. I was one....when I was eating gluten regularly, I had all the asthma symptoms, had to use Advair 2x a daym and this went on for years and years. Without gluten, no asthma. In addition, eating gluten if you are sensitive or celiac CAN lead to skin things...psoriasis and eczema are two, so it might be possible there is a connection. Try going gluten free for a month and see what happens. At the very worst, nothing will improve, but it certainly can't hurt you to avoid gluten entirely. It's simple to test, and won't cost $$$ going from doctor to doctor. If you can locate a doctor who knows about celiac disease (really knows!), you would be fortunate, but for the most part, you may be on your own with this. Be proactive!

CAROLE

-------------

Enterolab 1/2006

IgA & tTg Positive

DQ2-0201 (celiac) and DQ1-0604 (gluten)

Casein IgA positive

Mom has 2 celiac genes

Both kids have a celiac gene.

Lots of celiac disease in my family, both sides.

When my son came back from Mexico -- he was there for 3 months -- the bottom of his feet were completely black!!!! His doc just happened to have done some volunteer work in Mexico a few years earlier, so id'd the black stuff as fungus. (Really gross.) I don't think any other of the docs at the clinic would have known what it was. Has your son been dx'd yet?

By the way, I had severe asthma as a child. My other son is asthmatic and has always suffered from eczema. My brother has terrible hay fever and atrocious eczema! Wouldn't surprise me if my whole fam damily is gluten intolerant!

I didn't realize that celiac and asthma are linked. I have asthma. I do take Singulair to prevent it and airborne allergies. We went to the dog show this weekend, I brought my rescue inhaler thinking I may need it, but didn't have to use it. Gluten free must be helping that too.

When my son came back from Mexico -- he was there for 3 months -- the bottom of his feet were completely black!!!! His doc just happened to have done some volunteer work in Mexico a few years earlier, so id'd the black stuff as fungus. (Really gross.) I don't think any other of the docs at the clinic would have known what it was. Has your son been dx'd yet?

By the way, I had severe asthma as a child. My other son is asthmatic and has always suffered from eczema. My brother has terrible hay fever and atrocious eczema! Wouldn't surprise me if my whole fam damily is gluten intolerant!

they did check it for fungus and that wasnt it, they had said if it was we would have all of gotten in from using the same shower.

No he hasnt been diagnosed yet, and its driivng me nuts.

So did you asthma go away as u got older?

paula

I didn't realize that celiac and asthma are linked. I have asthma. I do take Singulair to prevent it and airborne allergies. We went to the dog show this weekend, I brought my rescue inhaler thinking I may need it, but didn't have to use it. Gluten free must be helping that too.

that is great that the gluten is helping ur allergies. my husband has terrible allergies and so do the kids. I do have some alleriges like to fertilizer and stuff, but never thought about that with celiac either. I wish i would get my results sometime soon

paula

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Janelle Morman
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics