Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elfkin

Blood In Stool

My 3 and a half year old is having some incidents of blood in his stool. Usually it is just bloody streaks. Last Sunday he had a diaper with alot of blood in it. We took him in to the Pediatrician and saw his allergist today. We are going Friday to his gastro doc.

The allergist suspects a possible soy intolerance. He has been a diagnosed celiac for two years. He is completely gluten-free. He is anaphylactic to nuts. He has been dairy free for several weeks, because we suspected the streaky stools were from dairy. It did seem to clear up at first, and then we had this big bloody diaper on Sunday. The allergist said maybe the increased soy (with no dairy recently) contributed. He usually drinks rice milk - but he has had soy lately.

Our whole house is gluten-free - so the contamination factor just doesn't seem likely.

Any thoughts? Has anyone else had a bloody stool issue?

Mother to Whit (celiac and food allergies diagosed 11/04, gluten-free ever since), Addie (gluten intolerant - gluten-free since 1/06) and wife to Tim (celiac and gluten-free since 1/06)

Gluten free/Peanut/Nut free house!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am sorry I cannot offer any help but I just wanted to let you know that we have a blood with the poop problem with my son. His problem is not from the intolerance it is from anal fissures (tears int he anus). Either way, blood in the poop is very disconcerning and alarming and I hope you resolve the problem quickly.

Nicole

Hi there

My son has had blood in his stools on a number of occasions - the first time was when i was still nursing him & had replaced dairy with Soy & his allergist assumed from that that he has a Soy allergy (non IgE). He also had blood in his stools when we tried him with Oats, Corn & Millet.

Sounds like an intolerance of some sort...

I understand how discocerting it is to see the blood so I hope you get to the bottom of it soon.

Take care, Juliex

Guest aparde

That is hard when our little ones are sick and with blood in the stool it is even more scary. My daughter who has celiac is 8. She actually just started having blood in the stool. We have made an appointment but I was thinking it was probably constipation issues and fissures. I hope you figure it out soon. Sorry to not be of more help.