Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

melie

Liquibowels

I've been having ''Liquibowels'' for a week now. I assume I got glutened last week because we had contractors in our house all last week so I ate many restaurant meals. But this week I have been at home, back to my normal food routines, and the problem persists. Usually when I get glutened I will have loose/liquidy stools and cramping 1 time the next day, after 2 days all is well. I stopped taking all my multivites, iron supps, and started a probiotic. The weird thing is the ''regularity'' of it, I still go at my normal time, but it is all liquidy, then occasionally some more very small amts throughout the day. No cramping or extreme D urgency, but I hear all kinds of gurgling in my intestines. Could this be some kind of virus, although I feel perfectly fine? Something else? Just a long term reaction to the gluten?

Getting slightly worried, wondered if anyone else has had a vaguely similar experience.

Thanks.

Melie

Diagnosed by Enterolab 6/06

Gluten free since 4/06

Autoimmune Thyroiditis since 1997

Pernicious Anemia

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

A while back someone posted about drywall being made with wheat. Did the contractors install drywall? If so you might have a layer of gluten dust over everything in your house...

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

I had the same thought as Jestgar.

The dust from the drywall and the joint compound many times contain wheat. That dust (as you well know!) gets everywhere.

We had our basement finished a few years ago, and I found the dust inside my kitchen cabnets. Ugh!

I would dust everything really well--even if it looks clean. Maybe run the dishes, glasses and silverware through the dishwasher. After you vaccum, get rid of the bag and replace it.

Hope you feel better soon :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I hadn't thought about the dust etc. They were putting in hardwood floors, so ripping up padding and carpet, linoleum and plywood. I wouldn't think any of those things would have gluten, but gosh its everywhere you wouldn't suspect. Great suggestion about washing everything. I will do that. Thanks!

Diagnosed by Enterolab 6/06

Gluten free since 4/06

Autoimmune Thyroiditis since 1997

Pernicious Anemia