This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Not Sure What To Do

Swthrtpookie

tarnalberry Community Regular

Many of those symptoms do go hand in hand with celiac, and IBS is the most common misdiagnosis. (Being overweight does *not* "disqualify" someone from having the condition - he should read the NIH's own publications on the issue.)

Remember that he is being hired by you to provide a service. You *can* insist upon the testing, and if he still refuses, you can do the dietary challenge yourself - no doctor's note needed.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor
I just wanted to update everyone on what was going on. I went to my old doctor yesterday and he is so much better at listening. He thinks I have Crohn's but he also tested me for Celiac. So after the bloodwork comes back on that he wants me to get a colonoscopy. Which I'm really not looking forward to doing. I'm finishing up my last semester in college so not sure where that will fit in my schedule to take the time to deal with a colonoscopy. I feel a lot better now that I have a doctor who will listen to me. I'm really hoping it is celiac and not crohn's though. At least I know a change in my diet will help celiac. Thanks for all of your great advice. This really is an awesome board and I'm glad I found it!!

If they are going to make you go through a colonoscopy please insist that they do a endo at the same time and take lots of biopsies. If you have celiac the colonoscopy will not show it and celiac can cause crohn's symptoms. Also be aware that anything in the positive range on the blood tests is positive, even one point so make sure you get your hands on your actual results as some doctors will call a low positive a negative. In addition some of us never have positive bloodwork but still have celiac so I am hoping you are going to do the diet no matter what the tests say. Your body may prove the tests wrong.

Kyalesyin Apprentice

My wife was diagnosed with IBS, an underactive thyroid, clinical depression and had a totally uneccesary laparoscopy to examine the cause of her cramps, which 'could not possibly be a gut problem.'

If you go gluten-free and feel better, don't look back.

Archived