Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swthrtpookie

Not Sure What To Do

Many of those symptoms do go hand in hand with celiac, and IBS is the most common misdiagnosis. (Being overweight does *not* "disqualify" someone from having the condition - he should read the NIH's own publications on the issue.)

Remember that he is being hired by you to provide a service. You *can* insist upon the testing, and if he still refuses, you can do the dietary challenge yourself - no doctor's note needed.

I just wanted to update everyone on what was going on. I went to my old doctor yesterday and he is so much better at listening. He thinks I have Crohn's but he also tested me for Celiac. So after the bloodwork comes back on that he wants me to get a colonoscopy. Which I'm really not looking forward to doing. I'm finishing up my last semester in college so not sure where that will fit in my schedule to take the time to deal with a colonoscopy. I feel a lot better now that I have a doctor who will listen to me. I'm really hoping it is celiac and not crohn's though. At least I know a change in my diet will help celiac. Thanks for all of your great advice. This really is an awesome board and I'm glad I found it!!

If they are going to make you go through a colonoscopy please insist that they do a endo at the same time and take lots of biopsies. If you have celiac the colonoscopy will not show it and celiac can cause crohn's symptoms. Also be aware that anything in the positive range on the blood tests is positive, even one point so make sure you get your hands on your actual results as some doctors will call a low positive a negative. In addition some of us never have positive bloodwork but still have celiac so I am hoping you are going to do the diet no matter what the tests say. Your body may prove the tests wrong.

My wife was diagnosed with IBS, an underactive thyroid, clinical depression and had a totally uneccesary laparoscopy to examine the cause of her cramps, which 'could not possibly be a gut problem.'

If you go gluten-free and feel better, don't look back.

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

I am a healed celiac (repeat biopsy confirmed) and I drink red wine on occasion.  No gluten reactions.  I do not drink it on a regular basis because it triggers my facial Rosacea which is probably due to the tannins found in red wine (grape sk...
    Never went to a "gym" always felt on edge there and only used hotel ones at 4am when no one else was. What  invested in a few years after I got diagnosed was a set of resistant bands, a stationary bike (late got a under desk elliptical,...
    Think I just had a serve response to some red wine I drank last night, severe cramps, bloating, etc. I have never had a reaction like this to red wine, a new bottle I’ve never tried before. Has anyone had a gluten reaction to red wine? ...