Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

missy'smom

Looking For A Casserole Recipie

I have a loaf of bread I'd like to use for stuffing/dressing in a casserole. Does anyone have a good casserole recipie?

I already have a stuffing recipie.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Honestly, the only thing that I can think of off the top of my head is a gratin, or a mac 'n cheese casserole with the bread crumbs on top. Were you thinking of something where the breadcrumbs were more incorporated? I've got lots of cookbooks I'd be more than happy to peruse for you, if you could give more of an idea of what you're looking for. And let me know if you want a gratin recipe. There are also bunches of recipes for those on the web, depending upon what veggies you might happen to have in the fridge.

Margaret

You can make a strata. Basically layers of bread cubes, meat (ham is good), veggies (tomatoes, or maybe artichoke hearts). Mix some eggs and milk and spices together and pour over the rest. Leave in frig overnight and bake next day.

Here's one recipe:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/4513

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.