This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Passover Is In 3 Weeks

cycler

cycler Contributor

The stores already are selling Passover products and for those who don't know - most of what is sold has no wheat, corn or rice. As I mentioned once before, Manishewitz has a complete line of Gluten Free products and on their site there is a complete list.

BUT - you need to be careful - if it has Matzoh Meal or Cake Meal that is from wheat.

Almost all Macaroons and Candy are Gluten Free and even Gefilte Fish is now available Gluten Free and Egg-Free (It's an acquired taste but I bought 2 different brands last year and they weren't bad).

In the kosher stores in Brooklyn, NY the last 2 years they also had Gluten Free cookies and Crackers Kosher for Passover.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

WHERE did you find gluten-free gefilte fish??????!! What brand is it? (And does it taste any good?) I miss gefilte fish so much!

I just stocked up on Manischevitz Kosher-for-Passover gluten-free egg noodles!!! But as cycler said, read the labels! A lot of stores put out a lot of Manischevitz products around Passover, assuming if it says Manischevitz, then all the Jews will buy it, when in fact, only the officially Kosher-for-Passover stuff has any chance at all of being gluten-free.

Incidentally, if you don't have an Asian store near you, this is your chance to stock up on potato starch!

cycler Contributor
WHERE did you find gluten-free gefilte fish??????!! What brand is it? (And does it taste any good?) I miss gefilte fish so much!

I bought it in Pathmark but it was also available in Brooklyn. I don't remember the brand but there were two of the major ones - Rokeach or Manishewitz and each had two varieties (one was "Gourmet"). I feel so dumb because last year was the second year I bought it and BOTH TIMES I forgot to write down the name of which one was the best!

They really aren't bad - not like Grandma's of course (my grandmother did her own from scratch) but definitely edible. They add a lot of peppper to compensate so they are pretty spicy. I also wasn't able to get horseradish before because of my concern about vinegar but now I think it will be ok so if you add the horseradish it probably will taste even better.

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor

cycler, which brand of gefilte fish is egg-free?

don't know if I've ever heard anyone saying they miss gefilte fish that much... but I'm only half-jewish so maybe that's why I don't quite share your affinity for it ;) ... as for a brand that is gluten-free, I think one brand is Rokeach... I was eating some last year after going gluten-free but stopped because I think it had egg in it... it tastes pretty good as far as gefilte fish goes, didn't seem any different than other gefilte fish I had before so I'd expect that you would like it

cycler Contributor

I just remembered - Kedem is Gluten Free and Egg Free and has 2 varieties but there is also another brand which is both also.

melie Apprentice

Has anyone tried the gluten free oat matzos from England? I ordered a box, and they are breathtakingly expensive, but I figured they are worth it because I won't be morbidly depressed missing my Hillel sandwich on Pesach! In fact, my last ''gluteny'' meal was Passover of last year, sniff!

Archived