Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced true spinning veritgo in relationship to Celiacs disease?

I was sick this weekend my stomach had been bothering me for a week. I felt vertigo was coming from my stomach. I have only been eating a little of this and that for now. I looked up gastric vertigo but it got into ulcers and cancer nothing about celiacs disease. Anyway just trying to figure this one out.

Linda

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well, I can't say the whole room spun or anything, but I was finding it somewhat difficult to maintain good balance before taking a sublingual methylcobalamin (vitamin B12).

That aside, I had rooms spinning, beds flipping, and all that stuff from intestinal yeast overgrowth (it was likely candida). For that, staying off all yeasts and sugars did wonders, as did the caprylic acid I took for the first month or two.

Hope you get the answers you need soon!

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

Oh my YES! In fact, it was a very scary bout with vertigo that made me finally starting looking into the possibility of a connection with celiac disease. I have no proof the two were connected, but when this happened I had eaten a ton of gluten foods the day before it happened, and it came on suddenly, and it hasn't happened since (that was 16 months ago) , so I have my suspicions! :P

Just wondering if anyone has experienced true spinning veritgo in relationship to Celiacs disease?

I was sick this weekend my stomach had been bothering me for a week. I felt vertigo was coming from my stomach. I have only been eating a little of this and that for now. I looked up gastric vertigo but it got into ulcers and cancer nothing about celiacs disease. Anyway just trying to figure this one out.

Linda

CAROLE

-------------

Enterolab 1/2006

IgA & tTg Positive

DQ2-0201 (celiac) and DQ1-0604 (gluten)

Casein IgA positive

Mom has 2 celiac genes

Both kids have a celiac gene.

Lots of celiac disease in my family, both sides.

I used to get vertigo a lot. SInce going gluten-free, it has just about disappeared. I'm currently treating myself for Candida, and I'm having a pretty intense die off period. Last night before bed I had vertigo for the first time in a while. It kind of feels like the back of my head vibrates and then the room spins. I also get it before bad migraines. Emerging research suggests that Candida can cause celiac disease, which is what I believe happened to me. So I know that for myself, the cause of the vertigo has to be either celiac disease or Candida. But since Candida is so prevalent with celiac disease, it's hard to truly distinguish between the two when it comes to symptoms.

-Brian

Celiac Sprue

Multiple Food Allergies

Diagnosed June 2006

Stopped Eating June 2007

IV Nutrition: 6/27/07 - Present

Thanks everyone for your replies. I was doing better eating just a little and then today ate more normal and back to getting the spins. It seems to happen though at the computer when my chair swivels. I have inner ear problems anyway so maybe thats it. Just seems like I have alot of throwing up and D. I also have perinious anemia so maybe that is involved also. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Linda M