Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nhnyem

gluten-free In Spain?

Hi there, I'm going to be living in Madrid, Spain and I am allergic to gluten. I speak spanish fairly fluently so language should not be a problem, but where can I go to buy food and what kinds? How do I manage it while I'm there? Any info would be helpful! :)

Hi there, I'm going to be living in Madrid, Spain and I am allergic to gluten. I speak spanish fairly fluently so language should not be a problem, but where can I go to buy food and what kinds? How do I manage it while I'm there? Any info would be helpful! :)

Hi I recently found this website which is in Spanish but list via regions where to buy Gluten Free products. I'm going to Spain for a months holiday later this year so thats how I came across this site. Its the only one I found so far but it appears to be a main Celiac society of Spain. Hope it helps

http://www.celiacos.org/puntos.html

-----------------------------------------Ceoliac since May 2004

Hi

I've been to Spain last fall. There are two big super markets mit gluten free products. I prefer El Corte Ingles . They have bread, pasta and many other things. Even beer. The other is Mercadona . You can find these shops in every city in Spain. In Madrid I know you'll find a Corte Ingles at every second corner.

Have fun

Swiss

Although it's a very old post, I'm gonna update it.

I'm Spanish and I live in Madrid. My wife and my son are both celiacs. There are gluten-free restaurants in Madrid where you can go:

Pizza-Jardin (only gluten-free pizza)

Vips (you need to check locations with gluten-free menu)

Da Nicola (italian restaurant with the biggest gluten-free menu all around Madrid)

El Corte Ingles Cafeteria (including gluten-free desserts)

If you wanna purchase gluten-free products there are a few supermarkets where you can go:

Mercadona (the owner's son is celiac so every single product labeled "SIN GLUTEN" is 100% gluten-free)

El Corte Ingles (maybe is too expensive but there are a lot of available products)

Alcampo (highly recommended Schar products -best gluten-free bakery and pastry in Europe-)

Carrefour (with only 3-4 different kinds of bread and muffins)

Hope it can work you.