Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guhlia

Rita's Italian Ice

I just wanted to post a reminder for everyone that Rita's is mostly gluten free. Obviously avoid the flavors that sound like they have gluten in them like cookie dough and avoid cones, OREO and Nilla Wafer toppers, and pretzels. Everything that has gluten in it is pretty obvious.

I took Tori there today to get a Misto shake and the girl behind the counter had Celiac!!! Imagine my surprise!!! She assured me that machines aren't shared for things that would have gluten UNLESS there's a flavor available that day that has gluten in it like cookie dough flavor. Anyway, she assured me again that the only things containing gluten are the obvious ones. :)

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Thanks Angie, I can't wait for summer.

Celiac Disease 08/05

Osteoporosis 08/05 (age 38 )

Fibromyalgia, Microscopic Colitis, Elevated ANA (1:1280) 09/07

Mom of three. Daughter with gene marker for Celiac. No signs of disease

Donna

Long Island, NY

YAY! Gelatis.. ahhhhh yum

Stephanie

Gluten free since October 05

son born severly premature due to

celiac

"True love stories never end" Richard Bach

"Did you ever stop thinking and forget to start again?" AA Milne

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you" AA Milne

Swimming Instructor #2 and Town Crier of Rachelville

John stopped tonight and stocked up on his 2 quarts of Root Beer. He is good now until Friday :)

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

I am so awful, John just went down the street to the store to get me some ice cream....I am craving it so bad! I need a treat for Idol tonight.

36_22_10[1].gif

I am so awful, John just went down the street to the store to get me some ice cream....I am craving it so bad! I need a treat for Idol tonight.

Eh... Isn't that what men are for??? Just kidding. In all seriousness though, a man that will do that for his woman is a rare find. Hold on to that one.

~Angie~

Eh... Isn't that what men are for???

Yes.

Just kidding. In all seriousness though, a man that will do that for his woman is a rare find. Hold on to that one.

Yes, they are a rare and great find. My husband is famous for dishing me up ice cream on Saturday mornings and bringing it to me in bed. No wonder I married him!

Aww thanks, He is a very good guy. He does a lot for me, and he was there the whole time I was sick and didn't know about the celiac, he was by my side the whole time. He took me to the appointments and the various tests. I feel very lucky.

36_22_10[1].gif

Don was the same way. He didn't take me to the doctor, but he watched Tori and got up in the middle of the night with her even though he had to be at work in the morning. I think he even ended up cooking some meals because I was so sick. I was pretty much bed ridden before I was diagnosed. When I was in the hospital for that week before they tested for Celiac he took care of Tori and still managed to get in to see me a few times. He's a good man. He's gone out at 11pm to get me chocolate bars (pregnant).

It's nice to know that there are some good men in the world. Thank God we've found ourselves some, huh?

~Angie~

Aww thanks, He is a very good guy. He does a lot for me, and he was there the whole time I was sick and didn't know about the celiac, he was by my side the whole time. He took me to the appointments and the various tests. I feel very lucky.

My husband was/is the same way! I'm glad you ladies have wonderful husbands, too :D

I really don't know how I would have gotten through this thing without him.

I love Rita's :P

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Well, maybe I was wrong about the good men being few and far between... It seems like lots of us have great guys that support us.

~Angie~

Yes we do, and you know what we all seem like great catches too. We all love to help others and we have good things to say about most everything. We deserve the good guys :)

36_22_10[1].gif

You know, you're right. Most of us have been through a heck of a time too before we got diagnosed. We all deserve "the good ones". :)

~Angie~

Not to be a "wet blanket" but can we rely on a company's info without questionning it at regular intervals that their receipes or methods remained gluten-free from one year to another?

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

No, we can't. That's why I asked as soon as Rita's opened this year. That's why I posted the reminder, because I checked and nothing had changed since last year.

~Angie~

No, we can't. That's why I asked as soon as Rita's opened this year. That's why I posted the reminder, because I checked and nothing had changed since last year.

Angie: Thanks for checking....

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003