This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Rita's Italian Ice

Guhlia

Guhlia Rising Star

I just wanted to post a reminder for everyone that Rita's is mostly gluten free. Obviously avoid the flavors that sound like they have gluten in them like cookie dough and avoid cones, OREO and Nilla Wafer toppers, and pretzels. Everything that has gluten in it is pretty obvious.

I took Tori there today to get a Misto shake and the girl behind the counter had Celiac!!! Imagine my surprise!!! She assured me that machines aren't shared for things that would have gluten UNLESS there's a flavor available that day that has gluten in it like cookie dough flavor. Anyway, she assured me again that the only things containing gluten are the obvious ones. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

happygirl Collaborator

Thanks so much, Angie. I love, love, love, LOVE Ritas.

Thanks for sharing!

de caps Contributor

Thanks Angie, I can't wait for summer.

TinkerbellSwt Collaborator

YAY! Gelatis.. ahhhhh yum

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

John stopped tonight and stocked up on his 2 quarts of Root Beer. He is good now until Friday :)

Guhlia Rising Star

I am sooooo craving a cherry ice now!!!

I am so awful, John just went down the street to the store to get me some ice cream....I am craving it so bad! I need a treat for Idol tonight.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guhlia Rising Star
I am so awful, John just went down the street to the store to get me some ice cream....I am craving it so bad! I need a treat for Idol tonight.

Eh... Isn't that what men are for??? Just kidding. In all seriousness though, a man that will do that for his woman is a rare find. Hold on to that one.

happygirl Collaborator
Eh... Isn't that what men are for???

Yes.

Just kidding. In all seriousness though, a man that will do that for his woman is a rare find. Hold on to that one.

Yes, they are a rare and great find. My husband is famous for dishing me up ice cream on Saturday mornings and bringing it to me in bed. No wonder I married him!

Aww thanks, He is a very good guy. He does a lot for me, and he was there the whole time I was sick and didn't know about the celiac, he was by my side the whole time. He took me to the appointments and the various tests. I feel very lucky.

Guhlia Rising Star

Don was the same way. He didn't take me to the doctor, but he watched Tori and got up in the middle of the night with her even though he had to be at work in the morning. I think he even ended up cooking some meals because I was so sick. I was pretty much bed ridden before I was diagnosed. When I was in the hospital for that week before they tested for Celiac he took care of Tori and still managed to get in to see me a few times. He's a good man. He's gone out at 11pm to get me chocolate bars (pregnant).

It's nice to know that there are some good men in the world. Thank God we've found ourselves some, huh?

I know, I really do feel blessed.

jerseyangel Proficient
Aww thanks, He is a very good guy. He does a lot for me, and he was there the whole time I was sick and didn't know about the celiac, he was by my side the whole time. He took me to the appointments and the various tests. I feel very lucky.

My husband was/is the same way! I'm glad you ladies have wonderful husbands, too :D

I really don't know how I would have gotten through this thing without him.

I love Rita's :P

Guhlia Rising Star

Well, maybe I was wrong about the good men being few and far between... It seems like lots of us have great guys that support us.

Yes we do, and you know what we all seem like great catches too. We all love to help others and we have good things to say about most everything. We deserve the good guys :)

Guhlia Rising Star

You know, you're right. Most of us have been through a heck of a time too before we got diagnosed. We all deserve "the good ones". :)

• 2 months later...
janjal Newbie

Love Ritas!!! Thanks for the info. May be I will go there tonight.

debmidge Rising Star

Not to be a "wet blanket" but can we rely on a company's info without questionning it at regular intervals that their receipes or methods remained gluten-free from one year to another?

Guhlia Rising Star

No, we can't. That's why I asked as soon as Rita's opened this year. That's why I posted the reminder, because I checked and nothing had changed since last year.

debmidge Rising Star
No, we can't. That's why I asked as soon as Rita's opened this year. That's why I posted the reminder, because I checked and nothing had changed since last year.

Angie: Thanks for checking....

• 3 years later...
anactaka Newbie

Thanks so much! I love ice cream, but it's so hard to know what's gluten free! :D

Archived