Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlieswpa

Can Using Dairy Products Do Damage?

I've been wondering if you're lactose intolerant and if you drink milk does this damage your villi like gluten does?I'm suppose to be lactose intollerate but still use dairy products except milk.

Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I would suspect, though I don't know for sure, that it would cause inflamation. That would not be good for you. However, dairy products are not meant for human consumption anyway. There exists a very powerful dairy industry that promotes for profit the use of diary in our diets. Please be a smart consumer and google the scary dairy facts. You will Lose calcium from your bones when you consume dairy. That is a fact. I read it here first a long time ago and did not believe it. I dismissed it as nonsense. I kept thinking about it. I finally googled for information and could not believe the facts. I am thankful to have discovered this information. It took me awhile to accept that dairy is bad for us, but I know the truth now. I even slipped back down the dairy slide and convinced myself dairy is not so bad afterall for a short time. Then I re-read about dairy when I met a woman with severe allergies. I had to face the truth. I am successfully dairy free now. I am not a person who likes rice milk, so I won't recommend it to another person (children can usually get used to the rice milk), but there are many wonderful alternatives to dairy. Good luck.

The American Diet of Chips, soda, ice cream, Goldfish Crackers, bread for breakfast (cereal, donuts, waffles, toast, bagels) cereal bars, "gummies", candy, msg, dairy products of all kinds, soy, and other chemicals - is Killing us and promoting diseases. BE HEALTHY. EAT NATURAL FOODS. DO NOT INGEST CHEMICALS! If you cannot pronounce it, do not eat it. Use Coconut oil. Eat herbs in salads. NO DAIRY. LOVE YOURSELF. LOVE YOUR FAMILY. FOOD IS MEDICINE!

I haven't heard about villi damage due to lactose intolerance. However, if you are casein intolerant, that is a whole other ball of wax. Have you been tested for that?

Some think gluten, casein, soy, and to a lesser extent corn can have adverse impact on the gut. I don't know that a great deal of research has been done on the last three, though.

McDougall diet (low fat vegan) since 6/00

Gluten free since 1/6/07

Soy free and completely casein and egg free since 2/15/07

Yeast free, on and off, since 3/1/07 -- I can't notice any difference one way or the other

Enterolab results -- 2/15/07

Fecal Antigliladin IgA 140 (Normal Range <10 units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 50 (Normal Range <10 units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score 517 (Normal Range <300 units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 127 (Normal Range <10 units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0501

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 06xx

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (subtype 5,6)

Fecal anti-ovalbumin (chicken egg) IgA antibody 11 (Normal range <10 units)

Fecal Anti-Saccharomyces cerevisiae (dietary yeast) IgA 11 (Normal range <10 units)

Fecal Anti-Soy IgA 119 (Normal Range < 10 units)