Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

StrongerToday

Wildflours Bakery - Northville, Michigan

Imagine my surprise when the morning news did their usual "taste test Thursday" segment and they mentioned a bakery that offers a lot of gluten-free foods!! And boy, did they look tasty.... time for a road trip!!

http://www.wildfloursbakerycafe.com/about.html

Ev in Michigan

GFDF since 8/20/05

Negative Bloodwork ~

Dr. encourages me to trust my

"Gut Reaction"

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I was traveling that way for a meeting, so I stopped in quickly to look around. They did not have a huge gluten-free selection out, but I'm sure that if you needed a special order then I would start with them. They had frozen commercial breads, snack chips, etc. In the bakery case they had 3 kinds of gluten-free quick breads (banana, zuchini-pineapple, and um... well, a third one). They had 3 kinds of pies (the small, 2 or 3 serving size), raspberry, blueberry and cherry. All with a crumb topping. I got the cherry pie and it was very good. Not too sweet like some baked goods are to cover up the chalkiness. My favorite part was that the gluten-free items were the same price as their other items!! Usually I feel like I'm paying double, at least :angry: , so that gave them a huge thumbs up from me ;)

Ev in Michigan

GFDF since 8/20/05

Negative Bloodwork ~

Dr. encourages me to trust my

"Gut Reaction"

I'm surprised their gluten-free items were the same price. That is nice to see. Is Bel Cibo in the Troy area still open? It's a little market that had some yummy food. I hit that place last summer when I was in town.

My sister and her family live in Northville so I will be trying the bakery over Easter :P ! I'm so excited! (Now if they could only open one close to MY house!)

Amy

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease February 2007

Finally feeling better than ever!

Bel Cibo is still open.

Steve, I asked about your salad recipe. Chef Andrew was still in a major experimental recipe time and can not honestly remember what version you had. If you want to chat with Chef Andrew he is on you tube search for Bel Cibo.

L.

Michigan