• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Daisy Duke

Let's Add What State We Are From To Our Signature

Rate this topic

I was enjoying reading about the Spring weather in one of the topics today, but it would be so nice to know where you are talking about. Let's add our State to our signature, and that way we know a little more about each person.

Daisy Duke

Good Idea!

To put which state you are from is great, but it really makes the forum easier if you at least put which country you are from as the products are so different from the U.S., Canada, England etc.

Even the same products, with the same name and box design will have different ingredients. So when you are answering a post, it's great to be able to see which country the poster is from :P

I guess I'm too stupid to figure out how to put a signature with my name. So that is why my state is not there.

Daisy Duke

Hush, don't be so hard on yourself! You are most certainly NOT stupid. It's just something that you haven't learned how to do yet. And we must learn something everyday to keep us healthy and reasonably sane :lol: And if the truth be known, we've all had to have it explained to us sometime.

So ... scroll up to the top of this page that you are in. You will see you user name up on the left hand side. click on that and it will take you to your personal page. When you get to that click on "my controls" And then along the left there will be a menu. Scroll down until you see "edit signature" and you can put what ever you like :D

I'm sure there are several other ways of doing it, but that's how I get there :rolleyes:

I was enjoying reading about the Spring weather in one of the topics today, but it would be so nice to know where you are talking about. Let's add our State to our signature, and that way we know a little more about each person.

Daisy Duke

If you go to 'my controls', then to 'edit profile information', you scroll down to 'my location' and put it in, click on 'amend my profile', and it will appear on the left hand side below your avatar.

Some people don't feel comfortable with that "identifying" information, so they don't have it included in their descriptor section. Its a personal choice as to how much people feel safe with posting information.

Some people don't feel comfortable with that "identifying" information, so they don't have it included in their descriptor section. Its a personal choice as to how much people feel safe with posting information.

Well, that's why I don't put the name of my town, because it's a fairly small town. With putting what I do you sort of get an idea of where I am, but Ontario is huge (just about as big as all of Germany), so I feel it is safe to put my province and country.

Thank You Viola and Ursa Major - I think I got it in there! And thanks for the advice, I know I am ot stupid, it's just some days things don't come that easy for me. Thank you.

Daisy Duke

I guess I'm too stupid to figure out how to put a signature with my name. So that is why my state is not there.

Daisy Duke

If I were clever enough to remember how I did it the first time I would have written a description :D

If you go to 'my controls', then to 'edit profile information', you scroll down to 'my location' and put it in, click on 'amend my profile', and it will appear on the left hand side below your avatar.

This has nothing to do with the thread but I haven't seen the name "Oma" since I was little, brings back memories if it means what I think it does.

This has nothing to do with the thread but I haven't seen the name "Oma" since I was little, brings back memories if it means what I think it does.

It's German for Grandma (Dutch as well). So, it isn't my name, just who I am to little Hanna and the other little sweeties I call my grandchildren. :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Posters +

• Upcoming Events

• June 19, 2019 04:00 PM Until 08:00 AM

Celiac Emotional Healing Support Group

Again you are invited to join Johnny Patout, LCSW for Baton Rouge's first emotional healing support group meeting to assist those living with celiac disease manage the emotional challenges so many of us face. Most often the emotional disturbances include depression, disinterest in normal activities, insomnia, grief, mood changes, anxiety, inability to concentrate, extreme concern about managing a gluten-free lifestyle and other emotional and behavioral challenges.

The professionals at Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center created the emotional healing support group to give us a safe place to begin to process our emotions and support each other as we heal emotionally while managing celiac disease and the resulting autoimmune disorders.

The emotional healing support group meets every Thursday, 6:00-7:00pm, at the Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center of Baton Rouge. Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center is located at 4637 Jamestown Avenue, Baton Rouge, Suite B-1. Suite B-1 is upstairs.

The support group is free and open everyone managing celiac disease. For more information: emotionalhealingforceliacs@hotmail.com
    • July 07, 2019 Until August 03, 2019
      For more information, visit www.kefss.com or call (407) 255-6550. info@kefss.com 

KEF USA Summer Camps Announces the New KEF Gluten-Free Camp in Orlando, Florida for Youths with Celiac Disease.

[Orlando, FL February 6, 2019]-KEF USA is excited to announce that we will offer a new 100% gluten-free camp program to give kids and teens with Celiac Disease a safe, exciting and healthy summer. KEF USA programs offer fun and unique experiences that can only be found in Orlando, Florida. Campers explore the theme parks and local attractions, make new friends, discover new interests and create memories that last a lifetime.

• July 08, 2019 Until July 09, 2019
      14th Euro-Global Gastroenterology Conference happening in Zürich, Switzerland during July 08-09, 2019. We are expecting more than 300 attendees representing from more than 40 countries who would be sharing their experiences and expertise around the world Theme: “Future Perspectives and shaping trends in Gastroenterology”
      You may learn more about our congress by visiting our website: https://europegastroenterology.gastroconferences.com/
      Tracks
      Microbiota and diseases|Acid Related Diseases|Helicobacter Pylori Treatment|Therapeutics targeting Microbioma|Advanced Nutrition and Dietetics in Gastroenterology|Inflammatory Bowel Diseases|Clinical Advances in Liver Diseases|Gastrointestinal Disorders and Drug Delivery|Obesity and Treatments|Gastrointestinal Pathology|Neuro Gastroenterology and Motility disorders|Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition|Gallbladder and biliary tract Diseases|Latest advances in Gastroenterology treatments|Endoscopic Innovations in Gastroenterology and surgery|Clinical and Radiographic Gastrointestinal Abnormalities|Functional GI Disorders|Changing Trends in Etiology of Liver diseases|Epigenetics of gastrointestinal diseases|Bariatric Surgery|Gastrointestinal Radiology and Imaging|Developing treatment for Viral Hepatitis and Fibrosis of Liver|Emerging Trends in Clinical Research of Liver diseases|Hepatitis B treatment Patterns|Therapies in Pancreatic cancer|Diabetes and hepatocellular carcinoma|Intestinal Metaproteomics and Type 1 Diabetes
      Conference Benefits
      ·         CME Credits  
      ·         CPD Credits
      ·         Research publication in proceeding book
      ·         Abstract publication in associated online journal
      ·         DOI by Cross-Ref
      ·         Online speaker webpage
      ·         Workshops and Symposium
      ·         Certificate for participation and attendance
      ·         Young Researchers Forum and Posters Award for Students
      ·         B2b and Networking meetings

Program Director
      Sophia Williams
      Gastroenterology 2019 | Zürich | Switzerland
      conferenceseries.com https://europegastroenterology.gastroconferences.com/
      E-mail: williams.sophiaa@yandex.com
      Whatsapp us : +442382146717