Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joanne11

More Gluten Sensative Since Going Gluten Free?

Has anyone become more sensative to gluten since going gluten free? I have only been on the diet for a week or so and was feeling fine but yesterday I was right back to all the old symptoms. The only thing I can think of was the night before I had gluten free waffles for dinner and put them in our old toaster ( I have not gotten aroung to getting a new on yet) I just find it hard to beleive that some crumbs could cause all the problems. I feel like I used to eat a lot more gluten all the time to have the same problems. It could have been something else or just a random incident, but I was just wondering if I noticed it more because I had been feeling good for about a week, or if maybe I am more sensative to gluten now that I have not been eating it? Sound like anything anyone else has experienced?

Positive blood work

Negative biopsy

Positive dietary response

Gluten free since March 2007

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yep. It seems to be par for the course around here. Once your body knows that it doesn't have to put up with gluten anymore, it REALLY doesn't want to and will rebel if there is any at all. That's one of the reasons that a few doctors out there will diagnose celiac based on dietary response and gluten challenge. It's just such a dramatic shift. You can go from a high-gluten diet and go gluten-free for a week and all of a sudden you can't tolerate any at all.

I know that I never quite believed that cross contamination or crumbs could possibly cause a problem. I just thought that some people where just being paranoid. :ph34r: But lo and behold, I was right there with them not long after that.

Gluten intolerance is just a very, very strange thing.

Nancy

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.

~Chinese Proverb

I agree whole heartedly with Nantzie...

Almost everyoine I know who has gone back to basics 100% and absolutely no gluten has incresed sensitivity...

Take it as a sign your doing it RIGHT.

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. (JC, De Bello Gallico Liber III/XVIII)

I'll throw my 2 cents in... I concur as well.

I thought people were a little too much when they talked about cleaning out their beauty products, and after a few months, I found myself doing the same thing.

That sensitivity thing really creeps up on you. :)

Gluten free since Sept. 2006

Improved on gluten free diet

Enterolab results confirmed suspicions on Jan. 29th 2007

Yup you guys have all seen my posts, i now nearly have panic attacks from being as sensative as I am. When i was first trying to adapt to the diet, even accidently eating something i didnt know I couldnt barely affected me. Now that I'm strict diet, VERY strict, 1 crumb cant touch my food, or my silverware/plates, or i cant breathe it in the air (even in grocery stores that bake)

~ lisa ~

...Flames vs. Panthers, and Lifehouse, were best experiences OF MY LIFE!!...

...26 years old...

...Look in my forum profile for ways to read my public sports articles...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

Thanks for all your replies, I guess I need to get a new toaster

Positive blood work

Negative biopsy

Positive dietary response

Gluten free since March 2007

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    PSHadle
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):