Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slackermommy

Sam's Club Rotisserie Chicken Check Label

I guess Sam's Club is switching their chicken seasoning around. Two weeks ago my Sam's Club had allergen free chicken, today wheat flour is the 1st ingredient.

I am SO bummed. I loved getting that chicken. Why did they have to change it?????? :angry:

I wanted to post this to make sure people were checking the labels, esp. since I gave out the info that it was gluten free. :( (and it was...the label even said it. :( )

Gluten free since Sept. 2006

Improved on gluten free diet

Enterolab results confirmed suspicions on Jan. 29th 2007

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I think that there is something fishy here....at Sam's Club. I have a feeling that wheat was always there and they just tightened up on their labeling.

I too have looked at the label and it lists wheat. That was many moons ago.

But, the good news is....Tyson's Precooked Roaster is gluten free. And very good, I might add. (But as always read the label, that's my CYA statement)

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

do you all buy the Sam's Club chicken breasts and tenders (not prepared)? they say "chicken broth" on the front and i called like three times and every person i get transferred to asks me to repeat the part where i say "is it gluten free? does it contain wheat, etc?" one time they even transferred me to the bakery! for a chicken question! a higher-up even called me from the national number and left me a message saying "the chicken *does* contain chicken broth. oh, really? because i COULDN'T READ IT ON THE LABEL! sorry for yelling, but it was so frustrating! i was like, can no one tell me what is in that stuff? i already knew it had broth, that was the stinking question i called about! if anyone can shed some light on this that would be great, because i really don't want to call again.

diagnosed 8/05 through positive bloodwork & biopsy

gluten-free since then!

"Those who are willing to be vulnerable move among mysteries." Theodore Roethke

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    freedom.dtt
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics