Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sarahelizabeth

Bloodwork Question...

Our ped called today and said that Matthew's CBC and Sed rate came back normal (didn't get numbers as my husband spoke with her while I was out). She said we won't have the TTG back for a few days still but she will call as soon as they get the results. I am just wondering if that is reassuring that he wasn't anemic and didn't show sinces of inflamation. I took that as a good sign that his TTG will be normal. I would have guessed that if he were celiac he'd be anemic right?? Am I thinking about that wrong?? Is there a correlation???

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My CBC and ESR(sed rate) were normal and I was found to have celiac. My RBC is still good, I had a CBC drawn a few weeks ago when I worked in the lab because I had been feeling rundown.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Not everybody with celiac disease is anemic. So, while it is good that he isn't anemic, it doesn't rule out celiac disease.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When my son was super sick with the disease and hospitallized, his CBC was normal; he was not anemic and had no noticeable mineral defficiencies. From an x-ray they did see that he was blocked in his intestines, but that was it. Only the TTG levels and some test done on the liver was there any indication that something was wrong and that it was probably Celiac Disease.

When I was diagnosed by biopsy and TTG with celiac disease I had a normal C-reactive protein and SED rate, CBC...but still had celiac disease...the doctors seemed surprised that I had no anemia.

I did have very low levels of vitamin D though. So if he does have it you should have them check his absorption of fat soluble vitamins.

Amanda

Positive TTG 9/05

Positive endoscopy 9/05

Doing well with "Sprue"

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    luvbaggio
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics