Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zachsmom

Tapioca Starch / Is This A Allergin To Wheat Intolerants

it seems ( maybe only to me as I could have purchased a look alike container) as though a gerber baby food has changed a babyfood .... Mango dessert which the last time I bought it ... was just plain old mango with no dessert,.. now has tapioca starch... is this a problem for wheat intolerants.. He eats rice flour fine but .. I realize this is not rice flour but something totally differnt ... HElp .. I need to know if I just glutened the baby.... ahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I need help and I need it fast.. Celiac busters .... ( lol ) but help really ...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Tapioca is gluten-free. It is safe for celiacs.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

okay I am awake now..... this is in most flours ... and stuff that we are using to combat the wheat intolerance... But I know some folks are allergic to it ... But I guess I am going to have to see.

But are most folks who are not Celiac but wheat intolerant able to eat it or is this a who knows ans you have to see ... just wondering.

thanks Psawyer... I was in a panick....... stuff hasnt slipped by me in a while .... but this one did. I guess they changed something or just have a similiar lable for a slightly differnt product... but I have ingrained in my head from this web site to allways read ingredients.... I guess better at the grocery store .. and not after you have fed your baby the product.

thanks for your speedy response.

tapioca, iirc, is a root, not even a grain, and is definitely unrelated to wheat and safe for celiacs. there are a few people who do not handle tapioca well, but that's the exception rather than the rule. (heh, so are all of us, though. :) )

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    AshokPrajapat
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):