Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Krispy

Any Experience Of Lymph Node Symptoms?

Hello there,

I've been lurking for a while and you seem like such a nice caring bunch of people that I've come to join the ranks after 6 months with IBS-like symptoms, weight-loss and a definite change when I accidentaly cut out gluten for a week.

I'm just awaiting results of my first blood test sometime this week, but the waiting game is driving me crazy. Since going to the doc I've realised (and I can't believe) that I actually forgot to mention some significant aspects of my symptoms. Namely, I've had since at least early autumn a hard and rubbery, though not enlarged, lymph node on the side of my neck. At least I assume it's a lymph node because it's in the right place.

Has anyone else had this as just another symptom of auto-immune disease? The lump hasn't got bigger, it's not painful or tender and can't be seen through the skin. But, my neck gets very slightly itchy at times and now I have horrific visions of being diagnosed with some kind of lymphoma.

I've seen others comment on enlarged/tender nodes that went away with a gluten free diet, but nothing about this. Everywhere I look I see nothing but cancer cancer cancer.

I have positive days and negative days, but I'm just eating myself alive worrying about this and how long it will be before any tests might be done etc. I will mention it to doc when I go, but in the mean time, any enlightenment would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kris

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have some swollen lymph nodes too. They can be a sign of an infection also. I wonder if it is another symptom of autoimmune too. I never thought of that way.

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    luvbaggio
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Who's Online (See full list)