Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi,

I'm new, endoscopy, blood tests, and gastric emptying study in jan. So many Questions, my nutritionist no help, my gastroenterologist no help....

No problem eating fruits, veggies(steamed and raw), lots of meat(boneless, skinless), I don't find the eating that difficult, my family ate this way anyway.

My difficulty is what not to eat as far as-caramel color. On someones topic they said Coke and Pepsi are ok. It's my understanding we can't have any dark pop. Anyone have scientific evidence?

Plus, I have been trying very hard for 2 months and my symptoms are not getting better. Am I missing something? I read all ingredient lists. Also, distilled vinegar. Some say no, some yes.

I bake my own bread and pizza crust from Gluten Free Pantry,tastes fine to me. I don't do alot from scratch. I work full time, have 4 kids-one quadriplegic grownup I take care of 3 times/week, one in college, one diabetic, and one 13yr.old sports nut and I am taking a college course. I just feel like crap all the time and keep waiting to start feeling better and staying out of the bathroom.

I was so glad to read some posts here. I am not alone. Thank you for being here.

And my oldest(the quad)did the blood tests and she is gluten intolerent so she is working it out too.

And the paperwork my gastro guy gave me said we all are probably going to get lymphoma or some kind of cancer. Scary! Any response? Thanks, mp

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Welcome

It took a long time to do damage to your intestines and it will take some time to repair.

Please make sure that you have checked your shampoos, lotions, lip wear or anything that could get into your mouth. Nail biting is a good case for hidden gluten. Some medications use gluten as a binder. I don't know whether licking envelopes is still a current concern - I just don't.

The gluten free diet can prevent lymphoma if you are diligent - and I think that your GI guy sucks. He certainly cannot predict your health in the future.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Welcome

It took a long time to do damage to your intestines and it will take some time to repair.

Please make sure that you have checked your shampoos, lotions, lip wear or anything that could get into your mouth. Nail biting is a good case for hidden gluten. Some medications use gluten as a binder. I don't know whether licking envelopes is still a current concern - I just don't.

The gluten free diet can prevent lymphoma if you are diligent - and I think that your GI guy sucks. He certainly cannot predict your health in the future.

Sorry, I got so distracted by what you GI guy wrote on your chart...

Pepsi, Coke are gluten free. Several people react to the caramel color, I do not.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Welcome to the board!

It is my understanding that carmel color in the US is safe. Carmel color outside the US may or may not be gluten-free. I do not worry aobut carmel color.

As far as vinegar goes I feel it is safe. Distilled vinegars are made by a distilation process. This process does not allow gluten particles to pass through, the protein is too large. Having said that there are some people who react to grain based vinegars. This will have to be something you decide on your own and through trail and error. If you get sick from a grain based vinegar do not use it. There are others that are safe (apple cider, red wine). However, malt vinegar is NOT safe, has malt which is derived from barley.

I have read (maybe on this board) that celiac's are at a greater risk for cancer IF they are NOT gluten-free. So, if you stick with the gluten-free diet your risk of cancer would not be increased.

Hez

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Bob Loblaw
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):