Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daxin

Calgarians...i Am Jealous!

I just got back from a visit with my parents in Calgary, and I have to say, after living in Moose Jaw for so long, the amount of gluten-free foods available at the local Safeway and Sobey's close to my parents' house was awesome.

My new favourite is the "PURE" cookies. They are a local to Calgary company, and they make the best chocolate chip cookies ever. My mother even managed to turn them into a crust for a mud pie (which I have been craving since dx).

Next, we found Community foods on 61st ave SW, and they had fresh baked gluten-free breads ( i got the quinoa rasin) and also carried several other loaf varities and many baked goods and fozen entrees. I was also tolds there that If it had gluten in it, they could find it without. :D

It's a shame you lost Splitt, because it closed before I had a chance to check it out.

Yeah Calgary.....my white hat's off to you!

Ryan

Positive blood work May 06

Positive results with diet change

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

What we have here is nothing compared to BC and to vastly much smaller cities than this one. You should see the stuff and restaurants in Victoria. BC is who I am jealous of, so jealous I intend to get my act together and devise a way to move there.

Rusla

Asthma-1969

wheat/ dairy allergies, lactose/casein intolerance-1980

Multiple food, environmental allergies

allergic to all antibiotics except sulpha

Rheumitoid arthritis,Migraine headaches,TMJ- 1975

fibromyalgia-1995

egg allergy-1997

msg allergy,gall bladder surgery-1972

Skin Biopsy positive DH-Dec.1 2005, confirmed celiac disease

gluten-free totally since Nov. 28, 2005

Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism- 2005

Pernicious Anemia 1999 (still anemic on and off.)

Osteoporosis Aug. 2006

Creative people need maids.

Ryan, I agree. If it wasnt for Randi I wouldnt have known some gluten-free products even existed (some stuff thats made in Calgary). Even things its hard to find available to buy in Saskatchewan was stocked up in Calgary. Ryan, go to Safeway in Regina...you will find a lot of gluten-free stuff there!

I talk to a girl who lives in BC now, she eats gluten-free stuff herself because there in the stores its stocked like regular food. That'd be a dream!

~ lisa ~

...Flames vs. Panthers, and Lifehouse, were best experiences OF MY LIFE!!...

...26 years old...

...Look in my forum profile for ways to read my public sports articles...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    SDBella
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Who's Online (See full list)