Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wowzer

Any Ideas?

I work at a drive in at a bank. We give all the dogs that come through dog biscuits. Of course they have wheat in them. I'm trying to figure out how I can send the biscuits to the dogs without causing problems to myself. I'm sure the bank wouldn't be willing to buy gluten free ones if you know what I mean. Some days I may not even see a dog. I do have alcohol wipes in my window. Do you think that would be good enough to clean my hands? I really don't want to make a big issue about this at work if you know what I mean.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I work at a drive in at a bank. We give all the dogs that come through dog biscuits. Of course they have wheat in them. I'm trying to figure out how I can send the biscuits to the dogs without causing problems to myself. I'm sure the bank wouldn't be willing to buy gluten free ones if you know what I mean. Some days I may not even see a dog. I do have alcohol wipes in my window. Do you think that would be good enough to clean my hands? I really don't want to make a big issue about this at work if you know what I mean.

How nice for the dogs :D I'm sure alcohol wipes would do just fine as the dog bones don't cause a sticky residue, just a possible dust. The wipes should clear that away with no problem.

Most of Sheba's food is gluten free, however she does occasionally get the real minature milk bones. I just rinse my hands and wipe with a paper towel, and have never had a problem.

Shirley

[save the Earth, It's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Gluten free since 1989

West Kootenay.... British Columbia

Yes, how nice for the dogs! :P Sorry, I'm quite amused by this - some companies do strange things to entice customers.

To reduce your contact with the biscuits, could you use those little tissues like they have at the self-serve donut counters? I'm sure you could get a box somewhere, and it should last a long time. I think the wipes will also get rid of residue.

Hope you don't get glutened by a biscuit!

Debbie

Gluten free since July 97

corn free since Jan 98

Never diagnosed by a Doctor

Symptoms cleared on gluten-free diet

Mom and one sister are also gluten-free

One sister with type I diabetes (diagnosed at age 10)

Thanks for the input. I'm thinking a little box of sandwich bags, then I can avoid contact and I won't get crumbs in the carrier.

Thanks for the input. I'm thinking a little box of sandwich bags, then I can avoid contact and I won't get crumbs in the carrier.

Yes, that would work nicely ... I use them when I have to put out a plate of gluten laden cookies or something for company :D

Shirley

[save the Earth, It's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Gluten free since 1989

West Kootenay.... British Columbia

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Janelle Morman
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts