Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JerryK

The Bro...

So my brother calls me this morning. (my identical twin, for those who don't know)

He says they ran out of bread at his house, and he'd been feeling pretty good. His wife went and bought a couple loaves and he said "I had three Chicken Sandwiches". He says "My butt is scorched".

I'm about rolling on the floor laughing, because of the way he's describing his symptoms....and I'm like DUDE isn't it about time you listened to me?? I've been telling him for months. He's followed along...seen my Enterolab test results...seen the results of my Gene Tests. KNOWS that I've determined I'm SERIOUSLY gluten intolerant, yet HE IS STILL EATING IT.

Even my mom, who at first accused me of Hypocondria now gets it. She taped a TV interview with the doc who wrote "Celiac Disease a Hidden Epidemic"(sorry can't think of his name) and tells me "I'm sure glad you don't have that gene...you don't have to worry." Well maybe not totally true, but at least she's now paying attention. At least she understand why I don't go rushing for the cookies anymore.

The bro however, continues to scorch his behind.....I guess I can look at it as a double blind study of what would happen to me if I continue to eat it....

The perfect chance to call a sibling an idiot! I look forward to those!

I asked him if his butt was sore enough yet to stop eating wheat...and he said "could be

something else" Doh :lol:

I asked him if his butt was sore enough yet to stop eating wheat...and he said "could be

something else" Doh :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

One of my brothers prefers to think he has pre-leukemia (whatever THAT would be).

Guy, it's just wheat....

Hmmmm Jerry.... Sounds like another gluten intolerant man I remember from a few months ago... :) :) :)

I am an idential twin also! However my twin does not have celiac disease as of right now. She got tested after I was diagnosed but everything was fine. So right NOW she is very lucky but who knows what the future will hold! I have to say though she is VERY supportive and helpful. She makes me gluten free/ dairy free goodies and prints me off recipe. She's the BEST! :)

Pre-leukemia??? :blink:

Major hypochondriac. His wife censors everything he sees or reads. And every once in a while calls me or my mom with "your brother/son is driving me crazy!"

Funny how almost anything is better than 'giving up' something.

I am an idential twin also! However my twin does not have celiac disease as of right now. She got tested after I was diagnosed but everything was fine. So right NOW she is very lucky but who knows what the future will hold! I have to say though she is VERY supportive and helpful. She makes me gluten free/ dairy free goodies and prints me off recipe. She's the BEST! :)

I have a love hate relationship with being a twin. I hated it when I was a kid because mom dressed us the same...we always had the same birthday. Some relatives got us ONE present to share etc...

Also, being an identical twin...all you had to do is look across the table and there you are...sort of weird if you get my drift, and I'm sure you do.

Also, especially with boy twins, one has to end up being the dominant one. It was me and I feel terrible for all the times I beat him up when we were kids.

It seems odd that one twin can have Celiac and the other doesn't. It has to be environmental where one person's diet has sensitized them to gluten or something. j

It seems odd that one twin can have Celiac and the other doesn't. It has to be environmental where one person's diet has sensitized them to gluten or something. j

I remember quite distinctly when I was getting the "stomach flu" quite a lot. That wasn't that long ago. Really glad you've decided to try the gluten-free. Can't believe there's another one of ya. ;)

And whoever said it, sorry can't remember, but men who cook are HOT, (maybe not necessarily in aprons, unless they're particularly studly aprons).

I'm using the same arguments you guys used on me. Telling him....if your behind hurts this bad now....what do you think it's doing to your insides? What about the damage you can't feel?

Told him next time he eats a sandwich he can hum...."come on baby light my fire" :lol::lol::lol:

When you think about it, that's not so far off from reality, as celiac is often pre-non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma!

Then he should start saying he's pre-non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma!! ;)

He's a hypochondriac ... have fun with it. :lol:

Unfortunately it's bordering on pathological. He was going in for kidney stone removal and he called us all to say goodbye (although he didn't specifically say that).

And other than the "carbs" issue (as his wife calls it) he bike rides, eats healthy, goes to the gym, etc.

No reason at all to be 'pre-non-hodgkins-lymphoma' :P

He was going in for kidney stone removal and he called us all to say goodbye (although he didn't specifically say that).

My dad tweaked his will when he went in for gall bladder surgery. ;)

Dear JerryK,

Your brother sounds exactly like my parents and brother! My brother and mom especially are candidates for Celiac. I already explained to them it is genetic, and they probably have it as well. My father was an infant that failed to thrive, had starvation diarrhea and they almost lost him. If the nurse had not told my grandmother to put him on 2 percent milk, he would have died! His butt was so small, it fit into a tea cup! My grandmother told me about this before.

Well, when Dad got older, he had ulcerative colitis. Does that sound plausible to you he is Celiac too? Mom has the runs everyday, and my brother gets them all the time, too. Naturally, the say it cannot be gluten, because they eat it all the time. :blink: (That is the only emoticon I could use, they do not have a DUH face.)

My mother takes three prescription pills plus generic anti-diarrheal medication (I so affectionately call it liquid cork) daily so she is not stuck in the bathroom all day. My brother toughs it out, but won't do anything to fix it! He does not want to give up his pastries. Vegetables are pretty much out of the question, too. There just seems nothing can be done with them!

A song I would recommend for your brother is any by the Butthole Surfers! :P

Dear miles2go,

Yep. I was the one talking about how attractive men in aprons are. Emeril, Ming, Mario, they are all babes! A man that can feed you is a babe! There is nothing better than an adonis holding a spatula! Rocco DiSpirito, or my favorite Todd English, or how about Aaron Sanchez? There are many to choose from! So many flavors, so little time! :lol:

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Funny how almost anything is better than 'giving up' something.

Until you actually do give it up and realize that in this case, the grass really is greener without gluten :)

2 Day the bro sends me e-mail and quips that "Chili seems to go right thru me without changing much".

I told him, check the label on the can you fruitcake. This little problem will not go away until you start eating things that do not say WHEAT under ingredients.

I have to confess it's entertaining watching him go thru all the steps of denial that I went thru. :rolleyes:

I have to confess it's entertaining watching him go thru all the steps of denial that I went thru. :rolleyes:

Yes, I have to confess, "watching" you was entertaining, too. :lol:

Dear JerryK,

A song I would recommend for your brother is any by the Butthole Surfers! :P

OK, I may be a bit slow on the uptake here, I just noticed this today. I'm laughing my butthole off.... :lol: Is that really a group's name?