Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest GoofyG

Does Metabolic Testing Test For ?

Guest GoofyG

I was trying to find out if they did metabolic testing. Does that test for celiac diease too? My oldest had a metabolic test when she was one. I'm trying to find out about all of this. Both of my girls 3yrs and 11mos. Are considered Failure to thrive. They've been tested for CF and they don't have that. They eat everything in sight and still don't put weight on. I'm going to try to bring this up Thursday at the babies weight check. I don't know why they don't put weight on. I don't know much about Celiac Disease. I just read about it this weekend. I'm also going to have my grandmother mention it to her Dr. She has a lot of these symptoms. If there is anyone with any info I would appreciate it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest GoofyG
I was trying to find out if they did metabolic testing. Does that test for celiac diease too? My oldest had a metabolic test when she was one. I'm trying to find out about all of this. Both of my girls 3yrs and 11mos. Are considered Failure to thrive. They've been tested for CF and they don't have that. They eat everything in sight and still don't put weight on. I'm going to try to bring this up Thursday at the babies weight check. I don't know why they don't put weight on. I don't know much about Celiac Disease. I just read about it this weekend. I'm also going to have my grandmother mention it to her Dr. She has a lot of these symptoms. If there is anyone with any info I would appreciate it.

I'm trying to see why my post isn't showing up.

I see you already found this board!! I posted on your topic on p.com and suggested you check out this site. So just read my reply over there! I don't want to repeat myself!!

Oh yeah, it takes a little while to see a new post on here, but if you click on the "view new posts" link up on top, it will show it.

ptkds

ptkds

Mom of 4 beautiful girls (the 2 youngest are only 10 months apart!)
Diagnosed with Celiac disease on November 8, 2006; gluten-free as of 12-1-06.

DD#2 13 years old; diagnosed on November 28, 2006. gluten-free as of 12-7-06.
DD#3 9 years old; diagnosed through blood work in October 2006. Gluten-free as of mid-November and doing GREAT!!
DD#4 8 years old; had a scope done on 6-22-07 (at 14 months old) and the dr saw stomach ulcers, but all test results were negative. GI dr told us to put her on the gluten free diet anyway. She is gluten free as of 6-22-07.

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    AshokPrajapat
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Who's Online (See full list)