Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hi

my son has been experiencing intense burning in his throat the last two days. Could this be a sign of "glutening"? If so, has anyone experienced this and have ways to calm it down? He has never had any symptoms of upper gastric juices like this before, but he does continue to have intense intestinal pain, so perhaps he is producing more than we know. He has been gluten free for several months, but has seen very little relief from this diet, especially when it comes to relieving his intestinal burning/ache. we are really trying to help him get some relief, but it is slow.

one other thing...we have started him on a magnesium supplement for his constipation issues. has anyone heard of this resulting in a "burning throat"?

thanks to any and all

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I get this when my ulcer is in a flare..does he have Gerd?

Hi eberbetty

he was never diagnosed with gerd, nor did his endoscopy show any esophogeal ulcers. he did have ulceration down in his duodenum(SP?) :)

i wonder if he could be developing an ulcer or gerd. he was tested for h pylori several months ago, but so much has been going on, things could have changed. thanks for the idea

I had heartburn/acid reflux really bad for about a year after going gluten free. (I was a kid back then). My mom gave me gaviscon. It was terrible but it was one of the few things back that wsa gluten-free. It helped allot though.

Hi eberbetty

he was never diagnosed with gerd, nor did his endoscopy show any esophogeal ulcers. he did have ulceration down in his duodenum(SP?) :)

i wonder if he could be developing an ulcer or gerd. he was tested for h pylori several months ago, but so much has been going on, things could have changed. thanks for the idea

hi..I also had a ulcer in my duodenum [sp?] lol I had some tomatoes yesterday and now my belly hurts and theres a slight burning in my throat and tongue

I tried all the meds nothing helped till my Dr put me on reglan..it helps with the acid and makes my food digest at a faster rate...has he has a gastric study done? mine came back that I digest my food slowly, the food then sits in the stomach too long and causes the acid to build up, sometimes you dont even realize it because you don't have the classic feelings of a heartburn.

hope this helps you!

betty

~Betty

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Bob Loblaw
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics