Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Eagle

Burning Stomach Neuropathy Pain

Guest Eagle

My medical case was so mishandled I don't know what to do anymore. I kept getting sick from bloating, nausea, etc. and had nervous system inflammation before I finally did the Enterolab tests through a naturopath. I was diagnosed with Celiac, casein and soy intolerance. I got those foods all out of my diet after I got all the tests back, but the nervous inflammation kept going. I went to a local GP and by that time I wasn't eating gluten so my celiac panel showed up nothing, and the gastroenterologist did an endoscopy and looked but did not do any intestinal biopsy. He did note that my stomach was very inflamed. Neither he nor my GP would accept my Enterolab results and I was written off with anxiety disorder. The nervous burning kept on and my husband took me to the hospital with abdominal pain. They did an abdominal CT scan and didn't see the problem and because of my doctor's earlier diagnosis, I was labeled with Somatization Disorder and told to see a psychiatric worker and take Cymbalta. Finally I realized that I was probably missing a vitamin B. The symptoms matched thiamine. When I took some it stopped the progression of symptoms but left nervous inflammation in my stomach, GI tract and up my back. The naturopath gave me mega B vitamins, alpha lipoic acid and a calcium magnesium citrate. When I took the jumbo B complex it burnt my stomach and it inflamed again. I don't have a clue what to do and I was written off by Western medicine. Does anyone have any idea how much thiamine to take and how I can calm down my stomach? I am pretty much left to deal with this on my own--4 months have passed and I've lost 10 lbs.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My medical case was so mishandled I don't know what to do anymore. I kept getting sick from bloating, nausea, etc. and had nervous system inflammation before I finally did the Enterolab tests through a naturopath. I was diagnosed with Celiac, casein and soy intolerance. I got those foods all out of my diet after I got all the tests back, but the nervous inflammation kept going. I went to a local GP and by that time I wasn't eating gluten so my celiac panel showed up nothing, and the gastroenterologist did an endoscopy and looked but did not do any intestinal biopsy. He did note that my stomach was very inflamed. Neither he nor my GP would accept my Enterolab results and I was written off with anxiety disorder. The nervous burning kept on and my husband took me to the hospital with abdominal pain. They did an abdominal CT scan and didn't see the problem and because of my doctor's earlier diagnosis, I was labeled with Somatization Disorder and told to see a psychiatric worker and take Cymbalta. Finally I realized that I was probably missing a vitamin B. The symptoms matched thiamine. When I took some it stopped the progression of symptoms but left nervous inflammation in my stomach, GI tract and up my back. The naturopath gave me mega B vitamins, alpha lipoic acid and a calcium magnesium citrate. When I took the jumbo B complex it burnt my stomach and it inflamed again. I don't have a clue what to do and I was written off by Western medicine. Does anyone have any idea how much thiamine to take and how I can calm down my stomach? I am pretty much left to deal with this on my own--4 months have passed and I've lost 10 lbs.

Have they suggested sublingual B12 to you? I had severe nerve problems at diagnosis and was told that my damaged villi would prevent me from absorbing the B12 through pills or food. After a short time on the sublingual (under the tongue) B12 alot of my nerve pain and parathesias resolved.

Hopefully others will also be on with some help.

I hope you get some relief soon.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    SDBella
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Who's Online (See full list)