Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rutland

Gluten And Dairy Free Power Bars

Does anyone know of any gluten and dairy free power bars that are very high in protein. Ive tried all the lara bars and the raw bars but they are too high in sugar and not high enough in protein.

Any suggestions?

Steph

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Have you tried Alpsnack bars? The do contain dried fruit, but are mostly hemp nuts. I don't know they would contain enough protein for you but they might...

ALPSNACK energy bars contain hemp nut, an ancient food source that supplies high amounts of the two essential fatty acids (EFAs) omega-3 and omega-6 in perfect balance, as well as all essential amino acids with a high protein efficiency ratio

http://www.drbronner.com/alpsnack_index.html

"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

Does anyone know of any gluten and dairy free power bars that are very high in protein. Ive tried all the lara bars and the raw bars but they are too high in sugar and not high enough in protein.

Any suggestions?

Steph

Organic Food Bar, 12g-14g organic protein listed on the two flavors I have in hand.

www.organicfoodbar.com

The Active Green flavor is a little lacking on yummy factor, but the others are good.

Bob

Please try a KIND bar from Australia. They are mostly nuts (almonds, peanuts, brazil nuts) with some dried fruit and dried fruit paste. Some have shredded coconut and there is one with chocolate and sesame seeds. They have a good protein content, are both dairy and gluten free, and have low GI values. The best part is they taste like a candy bar to me! I can get them at Whole Foods and Central Market, as well as some of the local HEB stores (I live in Austin, Texas).

Please try a KIND bar from Australia. They are mostly nuts (almonds, peanuts, brazil nuts) with some dried fruit and dried fruit paste. Some have shredded coconut and there is one with chocolate and sesame seeds. They have a good protein content, are both dairy and gluten free, and have low GI values. The best part is they taste like a candy bar to me! I can get them at Whole Foods and Central Market, as well as some of the local HEB stores (I live in Austin, Texas).

I bought a KIND bar once. It turned out to be wheat-free but not gluten-free. I gave it to my friend and she said it was awesome :) Maybe they have gluten-free versions now?

Daughter and I love the pumpkin seed bars from Go Raw:

http://goraw.com/

I second the Go Raw recommendation. Best stuff ever....

Why do you need so much protein? Just curious.

The American Diet of Chips, soda, ice cream, Goldfish Crackers, bread for breakfast (cereal, donuts, waffles, toast, bagels) cereal bars, "gummies", candy, msg, dairy products of all kinds, soy, and other chemicals - is Killing us and promoting diseases. BE HEALTHY. EAT NATURAL FOODS. DO NOT INGEST CHEMICALS! If you cannot pronounce it, do not eat it. Use Coconut oil. Eat herbs in salads. NO DAIRY. LOVE YOURSELF. LOVE YOUR FAMILY. FOOD IS MEDICINE!

So as not to exacerbate my hypoglycemia, I also look for these. I generally end up going for ones that are made from hemp and/or flax seeds. Bumble bars work well also, as do Alpsnack. (For the most part, you're not going to get higher protein without higher fat, but fat isn't evil. :) )

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

The KIND bars do label the gluten-free ones. Some aren't I believe, but they are clear about which ones are. I love them!

So as not to exacerbate my hypoglycemia, I also look for these. I generally end up going for ones that are made from hemp and/or flax seeds. Bumble bars work well also, as do Alpsnack. (For the most part, you're not going to get higher protein without higher fat, but fat isn't evil. :) )

I also like the Bumble Bars as they are more protein, and help w/ my hypoglycemia. The chocolate and almond ones are the best IMO.

But sometimes, I sure do miss those triple threat power bars...

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

Why do you need so much protein? Just curious.

I get really hungry with hypoglycemic episodes that I feel protein controls. If I eat anything too sweet or too high in carbs and not enough protein my blood sugar get erratic. I guess Im gona have to just stick to nuts for the protein. I cant do soy or dairy.

I get really hungry with hypoglycemic episodes that I feel protein controls. If I eat anything too sweet or too high in carbs and not enough protein my blood sugar get erratic. I guess Im gona have to just stick to nuts for the protein. I cant do soy or dairy.

Go Raw bars, Alpsnack bars and some versions of Bumble are gluten, dairy and soy-free.

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    PSHadle
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):