Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BigRog

Olfactory Hallucinations

Am I the only one?

The other morning I could swear I could smell english muffins, hot buttered english muffins.

Last night I could have sworn that I could smell toasted pound cake with ice cream on it.

Thes aren't the only times this has happened, just the two most recent. Not being able to eat gluten is bad enough, but starting the day smelling english muffins is not a happy way to start the day

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

No your no the only one. I don't get this anymore unless glutened. They were part of the neuro effects for me.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Dear BigRog,

I get that too! I was wondering about that! Sometimes, I smell bananas. It is so strange. There are other things I smell a lot as well, though. I have no idea what is causing this. I have been glutened at least once a week lately. I am paranoid careful, but my parents are not. I have had difficulty with this for a long time.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Jin

Strawberry Allergy, mold allergy, dustmites allergy, ragweed allergy, dust allergy, food dye allergy - 1985

Asthma - 1994

Ovarian Cyst - May 1999

Anemia - 2000

4 More Ovarian Cysts - March 2000

Bloodwork for Celiac - November 2000 negative

Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, Intercolisis, Gastric Emptying Study - May and June 2001 negative biopsy

Fibromyalgia - June 2001

IBS - June 2001

Gallbladder Removal - July 28, 2003 after doctor said the tests showed nothing, so it was not gallbladder disease. It was very inflamed and irritated and nearly ruptured the surgeon told me at my 10 day post-op check-up.

Thyroid Disease - August 2004

Celiac Disease - March 2007 Current Dr. refers to me as Celiac, as she says blood tests are often inaccurate.

Official Purple Glittery Bat Keeper, District Attorney, and Chinese Restaurant Owner of The Silver Dragon of Rachelville

I am getting these symptoms as well, I figured it was the Brain Fog. I could swear the time said 3:44pm, I got in the car and it was 1:44pm, I came back in the house, and it was 1:45pm. I have cut out all use of sugar, Gluten and am following a strict diet between Celaic and Candida. I was diagnosed last year with a healthy yeast issue, and didn't take it too seriously. I had my Celiac Panel yesterday and can't wait to get the results. I did eat Strawberries, and was told this is contraversial. I am unsure if I was Glutened or not because I also ate Gluten Free Boars Head Cheese twice, and this is not good for Candida. I did the Candida spit test this morning, and failed miserabley. I feel like I am facing both, so I am treating them both. I pray this gets better every day... For all of us! We are broke, and my husband is home caring for me, and our boys! We went from living one way, to me getting a cold in December, and everything changed! Hope all is well everyone :) RGG

Unfortunately, I get this ALL THE TIME, except I smell chocolate chip cookies or dough. It's a sweet smell. This ONLY started for me since going gluten-free, and it hasn't relented since. Of course, it's only been a month, so hopefully, it'll go away soon. I'd sure appreciate it.

Suzanna

I get smoke too, but bonfire smoke rather than cigarette smoke. Sometimes Cigars though (ew gross)

Also oranges is a common one, and sage and onion stuffing. For me it lasts only seconds. How long do these last with others?

Once at a friends house they were non Celiac . He said he used to smell toast with butter sometimes in the morning . He was 100 % sure it his house was haunted. It freaked me out going there .

Diagnosed with Coeliac disease in 2003

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    PSHadle
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):