Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gfgypsyqueen

Anyone Have A Database They Can Share?

Hi,

Does anyone have a database that they use to manage gluten-free food lists? I have purchased the list from Clan Tompson before and it does not fit my need. I was looking for a database (Access file) that I can add foods to and delete foods I don't need. I do not have regular access to the Internet, so checking online before I go out is not a good option.

Any thoughts?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I believe that the Celiac Sprue Foundation does (celiac.org I think). It costs about $40. I haven't bought it because ingredients often change and I have regular access to the internet. Food companies will often give you a list of gluten-free products if you call them...or they will tell you that they plainly listed with the ingredients are clearly listed.

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

My personal method, for what its worth.

I don't trust lists. I keep two things in mind when I purchase products:

1. There is a list of companies that clearly states it will list any gluten source, and will not hide them in natural/artificial flavors, mfs, etc. I keep that list with me. The list covers A LOT of products, because so many smaller companies are owned by bigger companies. I would say that the vast majority of the time, my grocery choices fall in one of these companies.

2. Food Labeling Law of 2006 requires that all food with wheat be clearly identified.

This makes food buying much easier for me. I make a regular grocery list, and I show up at the store and shop with confidence. I know that for tacos, I buy McCormick's taco seasoning. We bought lawry's marinades the other night for the first time because they are a Unilever company. Etc. etc. etc.

1. There is a list of companies that clearly states it will list any gluten source, and will not hide them in natural/artificial flavors, mfs, etc. I keep that list with me. The list covers A LOT of products, because so many smaller companies are owned by bigger companies. I would say that the vast majority of the time, my grocery choices fall in one of these companies.

hi,

where did you get that list from?

The Site Index (via the link on the left side of the page) has a list of safe and forbidden foods. Here's a direct link: https://www.celiac.com/st_main.html?p_catid...-02107504974.09

I believe member NoGluGirl also has a list, which she's posted in various threads.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

No, I'm talking about a separate list of companies that state they will list gluten, RG. I purposefully DON'T use lists of products, generally, unless its on a company's website, etc.

This list has circulated on the board, and people have updated and added to it, and it is really helpful. Some of the companies I have contacted myself, to verify, and all that I have personally contacted have said they will clearly list all gluten. Other members have contacted them as well. I'm sure there are more companies, too.

http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?s...mp;#entry259232

Posts 1, 2 and 9 are most relevant.

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    PSHadle
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts