This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Aunt Jemima Syrup Gluten Free?

beaglemania

beaglemania Rookie

I used to love Aunt Jemima syrup before going gluten-free. Now when I eat Van's waffles I usually eat them with pure syrup but I'm finding I would rather have Aunt Jemima instead but I don't know whether they are gluten free or not. If anyone could tell me I would be very grateful. Thanks:)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Aunt Jemima syrup is gluten-free :)

ebrbetty Rising Star

vermont maid is sugar free and gluten free..its really good and low calorie

beaglemania Rookie

thanks for telling me!! Love the stuff!!!:)

• 2 months later...
DanAbimytwomiracles Newbie
I used to love Aunt Jemima syrup before going gluten-free. Now when I eat Van's waffles I usually eat them with pure syrup but I'm finding I would rather have Aunt Jemima instead but I don't know whether they are gluten free or not. If anyone could tell me I would be very grateful. Thanks:)

According to the Quaker Oats website, they're gluten-free:

Open Original Shared Link

Although The Quaker Oats Company of Canada primarily produces products that are grain-based, we do have a few gluten-free products. Most flavours of Quaker
  • 1 month later...
Guest laydirain

I used to have a van's waf. every morning with aunt jemima. I wouldn't have any other syrup! it's gluten-free, but b/c of the high fructose corn syrup (now that i am trying to eat healthier), I switched to natural agave syrup - and i love it....

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

I used to love Aunt Jemima's syrup, but then I read all sorts of horrible things about high fructose corn syrup--apparently, it raises your blood sugar but does not signal your pancreas to produce insulin, and it has an extremely addictive quality (just what what we all need, right).

So I switched to real maple syrup, which tasted almost too sweet at first, but then after I'd gotten used to it, I tasted Aunt Jemima's again at a friend's house. I was amazed how chemical-ish it tasted in comparison to the real thing.

We now buy the real thing at Costco (much cheaper than even Sam's Club) in a huge jug, and we keep it in a little cube fridge in the basement, using it to refill a regular-sized container that lives in our kitchen refrigerator. You do have to refrigerate it (because it doesn't have all those preservatives and chemicals).

And it's gluten-free!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mouth Enthusiast

Hi this was one of my first calls that I made. the best thing to do is either email or call. They told me it is gluten-free. my daughter uses it every week w/her gluten-free pancakes. I just make sure to get the regular one, not extra buttery or flavored.

good luck

lynn

debmidge Rising Star

Right before I eat the waffles/pancakes I mix real maple syrup with a little of the Aunt Jemima - this keeps the artificial ingredients down to a minium and gives a little of the real maple to the mix. I mix up just enough for that one time (I guess if you have a family you can keep it mixed in refrigerator but it'll only keep just as long as real maple syrup stays good in refrigerator).

mouth Enthusiast
Aunt Jemima syrup is gluten-free :)

Dear Angel,

Do you have a contact for Entero labs? My daughters blood work has never been sent there. I also dont think her dr did HLA'S or DQ series. How do i know which to get done? Her peds dr is willing to do any tests that need to be done. He has been in practice for more than 30 years, since I was a kid he was my dr. and my daughter is his first Celiac Patient.. So what I learn he learns.

TYVM :D

Lynn

ps love your statements!!! SO very true!!!

Archived