Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Julie-uk-nz

Gluten Free In Tokyo

Hi,

I'm heading home to the UK for a few weeks in September and i'm fliying with Japan Airlines (Has anyone flown with these guys? I've requested a gluten free meal, i hope i get one, it might end up being fish and rice :lol: ). Anyway i was wondering if anyone had some tips in Tokyo, i'm staying for two nights both ways? I know to watch out for soya sauce and wasabi and i can't have tempura, maybe i should just stick to sashami and rice.

:P

Cheers

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=25154

Maybe this discussion will help. I haven't flown with them but JAL is known for very good service so I hope you'll have a good experience. Let us know how it goes when you get back. Maybe I'll talk my hubby into using JAL next time if the serve a good gluten-free meal!

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    SDBella
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics