This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Screwy Test Results

Guest kaz75

Guest kaz75

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me. One year ago, I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. I have been gluten free since then (about a year). I also have other food allergies: wheat, soy, dairy, yeast. I've been very sick again recently and they repeated my test results.

Here they are:

Reticulin IGA negative

Reticulin IGA T Does Not Register

Gliadin AB IgG 101 (it's suppose to be below 20)

Gliadin AB IgA 9 (it's supposed to be less than 20)

I'm sure that I haven't been eating any gluten. I'm very careful about labels. I even check, soap, shampoo, etc. My doctor says I have to be getting gluten from somewhere. When I was originally diagnosed, the test results were pretty much the same, except my IgG was 65, not 101. What is going on? Any words of wisdom?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

natalieb Rookie

Hi,

Are you sure that you haven't gotten a hold of gluten from something? I know that sounds silly but even certain sodas contain gluten. What about your medications or vitamins? I got sick about a month ago and was so upset because I had done everything to remain gluten-free. Turns out that I was taking a vitamin supplement and when I called the company to see if it contained gluten, they never gave me a straight answer and then never returned my call. I stopped taking the calcium plus D and within a week my stomach calmed down. I now take a different brand. Take a look in your medicine cabinet. There can be some real culprits in there. I know about the other food allergies too as most of the things you listed make me sick as well, especially one you didn't list, corn, (corn syrup, etc). They say that celiacs can really get sick from high fructose corn syrup, so I stay away from it. First off, take a look at any meds you are taking. I hope this helps and I want you to hang in there. It can get discouraging because you feel like you are working so hard to avoid what makes you sick and then you get results like that. You will find out what it is. Also, stay away from corn syrup, it can be bad news for people like us. Take care.

seeking-wholeness Explorer

kaz75,

I agree with your doctor and Natalie; it really looks like you're getting gluten from somewhere. You say that you got sick again recently, and I am assuming that you had been doing fairly well before then. So, what happened in your life right before you got sick? Did something change in your diet/medications/hygiene routine? If so, there's your prime suspect! I hope you succeed in tracking down the culprit soon, so you can return to healing your body! Good luck!

Archived