Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRUMP 1

Molasses Crinkels

I have been trying make some of these but of course they are not turning out. I have been using a recipe out of my Betty Crocker cookbook. I changed out regular flour with Bob's Red Mill Gluten free all purpose baking flour, then added 2 tsp. Xanthan gum. Now my real problem is that they are not rising. They have a good taste but they are about as flat as a pancake. Any one have any suggestions about how to fix this problem.

Thank you

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi,

I'm not familiar with that specific recipe. Converting recipes is kind of an unknown science :huh:

Are the cookies thin because they aren't holding their shape and spreading out too much?

I convert a lot of my old regular recipes, and find that some work very well, and other just don't work, no matter what I try. I usually substitute the regular flour with a gluten-free blend, but I don't put guar or Xanthan gum in cookies. Usually I adjust the flour amount by about 25% more gluten-free than the recipe calls for, and that give the proper texture.

Good luck!

Debbie

Gluten free since July 97

corn free since Jan 98

Never diagnosed by a Doctor

Symptoms cleared on gluten-free diet

Mom and one sister are also gluten-free

One sister with type I diabetes (diagnosed at age 10)

Yes that seems to be my problem they are thin, they aren't holding their shape and spreading out too much. But will try adding more of my flour to see if that makes a difference. Some times I really hate being a Celiac............ GER.......... :angry::( :( :angry:

Thank you

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    PSHadle
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Who's Online (See full list)