Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eleep

Lunchboxes

I've been on the lookout for a really useful lunch kit since I've morphed into a person who carries massive quantities of food with her wherever she goes. I think I may have fallen in love with the Zojirushi Mr. Bento -- which is about $40 -- but gets rave reviews:

http://www.zojirushi.com/ourproducts/lunchjars/sl_ja.html

Does anyone else have a useful lunch kit suggestion?

Erica

Inconclusive blood test results

Positive Enterolab results

Positive dietary results

gluten-free since 2/10/06

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My husband likes these kind of things(he's Japanese) and finds them useful. They come in a variety of prices and we've found that you get what you pay for. This one seems reasonably priced and comparable in price to what we've seen on the market. If it has good reviews, looks like a good choice. With some of the cheapo ones we've had problems with leaking and not keeping the foods at the proper temp.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

I've been on the lookout for a really useful lunch kit since I've morphed into a person who carries massive quantities of food with her wherever she goes. I think I may have fallen in love with the Zojirushi Mr. Bento -- which is about $40 -- but gets rave reviews:

http://www.zojirushi.com/ourproducts/lunchjars/sl_ja.html

Does anyone else have a useful lunch kit suggestion?

The Mr. Bento looks very neat- I've never seen or heard of them before.

My children use a thermos brand stainless steel thermos for hot lunches. We also like the lock-and-lock brand containers for cold snack foods (we put a small ice pack in the lunch bag). The lock-and-lock brand containers come in a variety of shapes and sizes and they do not leak.

For beverages we like Nalgene brand drink bottles- they come in a couple of different sizes and do not leak.

Suzie

Suzie

London, ON, Canada

celiac disease diagnosed by pos tTG March 2006 and pos biopsy June 2006

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    AshokPrajapat
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics