• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Can'tEvenEatRice!

Is Wegman's Ketchup Gluten-free?

Rate this topic

I just realized that the Wegman's ketchup bottle does not have a "G" on the label. It is a V and an L. The ingredients look okay, but I am thinking it must have gluten. I can't find it on the Wegman's gluten free list either. If so, it is going to be a long night because I ate some before I realized. Does anyone know for sure? Thank you!!!!

I use it, no problems. Wegmans will not put the G on unless it is gluten free for sure. It has I believe vinegar of some sort in it and if the supplier cannot verify to them gluten free they will not put the G on it. I do use it with no problems. They are a tough company when it comes to labeling.

That is my favorite store!!!!!

I just realized that the Wegman's ketchup bottle does not have a "G" on the label. It is a V and an L. The ingredients look okay, but I am thinking it must have gluten. I can't find it on the Wegman's gluten free list either. If so, it is going to be a long night because I ate some before I realized. Does anyone know for sure? Thank you!!!!

What is "G", "V" and "L"???

I would expect that most Ketchups are ok.

What is "G", "V" and "L"???

I would expect that most Ketchups are ok.

Wegman's uses letters to identify the allergens and vegetarian/vegan status. The G is used for Gluten free, the L for Lactose free and the V for Vegan. I thought ketchups were okay, but was worried that it was not labeled with a G for gluten free. Wegman's is usually really good about labeling all of their gluten free products with a G.

If it had any wheat in it, by law, it is required to be listed/disclosed because of the Food Labeling Law of 2006.

So, that would only leave barley/malt, by chance.

If the issue is if the vinegar has wheat, if it doesn't list it, by law, it is safe from wheat.

Wegman's uses letters to identify the allergens and vegetarian/vegan status. The G is used for Gluten free, the L for Lactose free and the V for Vegan. I thought ketchups were okay, but was worried that it was not labeled with a G for gluten free. Wegman's is usually really good about labeling all of their gluten free products with a G.

Ah, see this country girl learned something. We have a Farmers Foods and Food Lion- both non gluten friendly.

But Ketchup over all is gluten free, unless it's a funky kind. I prefer to choose Heinz.

Momma Goose, what is nice is the "G" is in an orange circle so it is so easy to spot. Makes grocery shopping so much easier.

I know I look forward to my trips to that store. My grocery stores around here do not do too much for gluten free. Giant has a gluten section but it is all the cardboard stuff, they carry Tinkayda pasta but other than that no good cookies, no crackers period. No decent cereals. Sad selection :(

Wegmans will use corn distilled vinager in many things, that they will mark with a G, if the item has gluten (wheat) grain derived vinager it does not get the G. Personallly I trust wegmans and I do not buy any products they produce that do not use the G. Heinz is a brand that uses corn distilled vinager only last I checked, when I use Ketchup that is what I get.