Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gazza

New To Celiac Disiease

Hi Folks from North Wales UK.

Thankfully I have found this forum and it is looking to be a great resource for me. Having just discovered that I have Celieac disease it came as a bit of a shock as I am already suffering fromME/CFS (Chronis Fatigue ).

I am in th eprocess of talking with my doctor wether I ahve been mis diagnosed as ME/CFS as from what I can gather there are a number of similarities between the two.

However sionce I have cut out the gluten in my diet I have found a remarkable if not sublte difference, in my well being. For the first time in years I do feel as if I have a spark of life in me, although at present due probably to poor diet and nutrition, and being house/bed bound for a number of years I am slowly improving. However I have found that when I am feeling well I do tend to over do things believeing that I can be as I was before I first became ill, and then that leads me to being exhausted and feeling very ill indeed. I suppose that is more to do with deconditoning than anything alse, what do you think?

Anyway it is nice to be here and I look forward to getting involved on this forum.

Take care.

Gazza

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Welcome Gazza--It's normal to get excited about feeling better and also normal to feel that you can do more than you probably should. Just give it time and do a little more each day.

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

Gazza,

Just wanted to welcome you to the board and to the gluten free diet!

I encourage you to read and ask lots of questions. Let us know what we can do to help!

Laura

Guest lorlyn

Hi Gazza, just wanted to say hi and welcome :rolleyes: You will find a lot of info here. :lol:

Hi Gazza, just wanted to say hi and welcome :rolleyes: You will find a lot of info here. :lol:

Many thanks for you words of welcome, I am still learning to navigate my way around the forum and read on the posts. There does seem an awful to take in at the moment but hopefully when things settle down a bit I will be posting on a rgular basis.

Wishing you all a great day.

Gazza :)

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    AshokPrajapat
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts