Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JerryK

Last Night...

Like I said last week, I've been feeling really well. I haven't had the runs in weeks and weeks. It's been so long since my stomach felt bad that the memory of it is fading...if you know what I mean.

I start to think...hmmm...there's nothing wrong with me....I feel great......and so forth...

So last night I'm sitting around...you know just wanting something...not really sure what, just know I'm not satisfied.

My daughter just graduated from college, and some of our friends were kind enough to bake her a big Chocolate Cake.

In addition to that we still have some of those Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies around.

I finally couldn't stand it any longer and announced I was going to eat some cookies. My daughter followed me in to the kitchen saying "daddy are you sure you want to make your self sick?"

I had one of those Thin Mint Cookies in my mouth....and THEN had reservations and spit it out.

But I wanted it, I wanted it bad. It's like I need a shock collar to zap me every time I start thinking about cookies or cake....

Dental Enamel Defects

Gastro symptoms

Positive Dietary Response

Enterolab Antigliadin IgA positive 12/06

Transglutaminase IgA Positive

Blood TG IgA Negative 2/07

HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 7,5)

Gluten Intolerant...Likely non Celiac

Western Oregon (Or-ee-gun) US

Why Worry?...YOU are a sentient being on a habitable world in a cosmos largely filled with nothing.

You

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Like I said last week, I've been feeling really well. I haven't had the runs in weeks and weeks. It's been so long since my stomach felt bad that the memory of it is fading...if you know what I mean.

I start to think...hmmm...there's nothing wrong with me....I feel great......and so forth...

So last night I'm sitting around...you know just wanting something...not really sure what, just know I'm not satisfied.

My daughter just graduated from college, and some of our friends were kind enough to bake her a big Chocolate Cake.

In addition to that we still have some of those Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies around.

I finally couldn't stand it any longer and announced I was going to eat some cookies. My daughter followed me in to the kitchen saying "daddy are you sure you want to make your self sick?"

I had one of those Thin Mint Cookies in my mouth....and THEN had reservations and spit it out.

But I wanted it, I wanted it bad. It's like I need a shock collar to zap me every time I start thinking about cookies or cake....

Well i guess it is good u spit it out lol.

Im hoping you go home today and throw away the rest of the thin mints or have a family member eat them all, so you are no longer tempted by them.

I for one got gltuened last night and i have no idea from what, but im feeling terrible.

I sometimes wonder if it is best to get glutened from eating something really good, or getting glutened and having no idea what caused it lol

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

You do have a shock collar. It just doesn't work until several hour later and it's attached to your intestine :ph34r:

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Jerry,

You have a shock collar, it is called aversion therapy. Just think about how sick you will be if you eat the gluten poison.

You might also consider keeping gluten free treats in the house such as ice cream, popcorn or gluten free candy. You can grab this instead of the cookies or cake.

It will get easier to resist temptation the longer you are gluten free.

Phyllis

Gluten Free - 30 years

Frickin

Celiac - Gluten Free since Late December 2006

Positive Dietary response, biopsy, Enterolab

Lactose intolerant - dietary response test only

Well i guess it is good u spit it out lol.

Im hoping you go home today and throw away the rest of the thin mints or have a family member eat them all, so you are no longer tempted by them.

I for one got gltuened last night and i have no idea from what, but im feeling terrible.

I sometimes wonder if it is best to get glutened from eating something really good, or getting glutened and having no idea what caused it lol

paula

I have been accidentally glutened several times, and had the same thought (darn, I didn't even enjoy it!!!)

:P

It sounds like you had an intervention from your daughter, Jerry! ;)

My children are very aware and sensitive to my problem, even though I've only been gluten free since November. But they remember me getting sick. Two weeks ago I accidentally glutened myself by serving them pizza, then forgetting to wash the flour off my hands before I ate. My 10 year old daughter unfortunately walked in on me while I was emptying my stomach, couldn't keep dinner down. And her reaction was, Oh no, Mom, did you have wheat?

It sounds like your daughter is on the ball, that's a blessing...!

:) Sheryll

I have been accidentally glutened several times, and had the same thought (darn, I didn't even enjoy it!!!)

:P

No kidding! I mean, if I'm going to get sick, an damage my insides, at least let me know I'm going to be sick. I'm ordering a real pizza and getting a 6-pack of beer. Getting sick because of some ingredient I didn't even know about just sucks.

Geoff

Celiac - Gluten Free since Late December 2006

Positive Dietary response, biopsy, Enterolab

Lactose intolerant - dietary response test only

Your shock collar is a delayed reaction ... it's the bathroom run.

I eventually got sick of getting sick off gluten ... I'm finally starting to think you may be reaching that point! :lol:

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Jerryk, man you slay me! I like that you retain your sense of humor with all this...so I am a junk food junkie! It's the hardest part for me living gluten-free...I found 2 cake mixes that are sooo yummy no one will ever know they're gluten-free.

Bob's Red Mill gluten-free Chocolate Cake mix & also their Brownie mix and Namaste cake mixes. Mom made me a Namaste for my 35th bday and my entire family had rude comments (I;m talking Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Siblings) and that they wouldn;t eat it, they wanted store bought...I said Good, cause I plan on eating the whole thing. Yeah, turns out they ate my cake & never touched the store bought! I think both have cookie mixes too, I just haven't tried them yet.

I've tried Pamela's stuff and am not impressed (but i am a junkie!) I'll get their biscotti if I'm travelling but that's about it.

OH OH & Kinnickanic (or whatever) has the BEST chocolate covered doughnuts!!!

Misdiagnosed with Duardinitis & Endometriosis

Diagnosed after 6 yrs & 4 Doc and every test known to man

Diagnosed October 2004

Anemic as a teen

Small Stature

Dental Issues

Constant Headaches

Joint Pain

Mood Swings

Lethargy

All those disappeared after eliminating Gluten

Your post reminds me of a quote from the vice principle of my high school. Something along the lines of "That's not really a need, that's a want, even though you think it's a need." (It was in relation to getting the classes we wanted/needed, but really, applies to everything.)

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

Actually, the best cookie I ever had was from the Whole Foods Gluten-Free Bakehouse in the freezer section. I used to BE a

Girl Scout, ok? If anyone knows about those bloody cookies, it's me. The Whole Foods gluten-free chocolate chip cookie is FAR better

than any girl scout cookie I ever had! And the peanut butter cookies are a close second. I HIGHLY recommend them for

people suffering cookie monster syndrome.

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

suffering cookie monster syndrome.

I like this...I have it :(

Dental Enamel Defects

Gastro symptoms

Positive Dietary Response

Enterolab Antigliadin IgA positive 12/06

Transglutaminase IgA Positive

Blood TG IgA Negative 2/07

HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 7,5)

Gluten Intolerant...Likely non Celiac

Western Oregon (Or-ee-gun) US

Why Worry?...YOU are a sentient being on a habitable world in a cosmos largely filled with nothing.

You

Dear JerryK,

AAAAHHHHH NOOOOOO!!!!! :o You were doing so well! WTH did you do that for? Bad Jerry!

Bad! Where is that darn newspaper to smack you on the nose with?! I have programmed by brain to see anything with gluten (even my beloved Cheez-Its) as rat poison. Now, I pretty much overlook them, like they are not even there.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Jin

Strawberry Allergy, mold allergy, dustmites allergy, ragweed allergy, dust allergy, food dye allergy - 1985

Asthma - 1994

Ovarian Cyst - May 1999

Anemia - 2000

4 More Ovarian Cysts - March 2000

Bloodwork for Celiac - November 2000 negative

Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, Intercolisis, Gastric Emptying Study - May and June 2001 negative biopsy

Fibromyalgia - June 2001

IBS - June 2001

Gallbladder Removal - July 28, 2003 after doctor said the tests showed nothing, so it was not gallbladder disease. It was very inflamed and irritated and nearly ruptured the surgeon told me at my 10 day post-op check-up.

Thyroid Disease - August 2004

Celiac Disease - March 2007 Current Dr. refers to me as Celiac, as she says blood tests are often inaccurate.

Official Purple Glittery Bat Keeper, District Attorney, and Chinese Restaurant Owner of The Silver Dragon of Rachelville

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Bob Loblaw
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Who's Online (See full list)