This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Husband's Birthday

Guhlia

Guhlia Rising Star

Okay, I have everything for my husband's birthday, but I can't think of anything to get him from our three year old daughter. This is a special birthday, he's turning 40, so I need to think of something special to get him. He's not sentimental, he works at home (no desk for pictures of her), he doesn't like sports or going out or anything like that, he doesn't have any hobbies. The poor man works 24/7. I have no clue what I should get him from her. I'm pretty much down to the wire, his birthday is Monday. I need to order whatever it is by noon tomorrow to avoid paying expedited shipping. Any ideas? I really want the gift to say "to daddy, i love you", so it has to be something really perfect.

I'm already planning on having her paint him a picture, I need something else too though.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

angel-jd1 Community Regular

What about prune juice and a box of depends.....just kidding :)

How about one of those kits where you can make the child's handprint into a stepping stone. Then you can put it out in your yard/garden. I know it's not very "manly" but.....it says "Daddy I love you" ha

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Jestgar Rising Star

Maybe the two of you could bring him breakfast in bed.

Viola 1 Rookie
Okay, I have everything for my husband's birthday, but I can't think of anything to get him from our three year old daughter. This is a special birthday, he's turning 40, so I need to think of something special to get him. He's not sentimental, he works at home (no desk for pictures of her), he doesn't like sports or going out or anything like that, he doesn't have any hobbies. The poor man works 24/7. I have no clue what I should get him from her. I'm pretty much down to the wire, his birthday is Monday. I need to order whatever it is by noon tomorrow to avoid paying expedited shipping. Any ideas? I really want the gift to say "to daddy, i love you", so it has to be something really perfect.

I'm already planning on having her paint him a picture, I need something else too though.

By the sounds of things, what he really needs is a picnic lunch, his family and a full day off! Somewhere away from home and phone. :lol:

Cheri A Contributor

Yea, I'm with Viola! He needs some time off!

I also like the other ideas already mentioned. Those are things that would be FROM her.

StrongerToday Enthusiast

We did a great t-shirt from my daughter to her dad saying "Best Daddy Hands Down" and then put her handprints on it. Or since he's on the computer a lot, could you get some pictures together and turn it into a screensaver or mousepad? Those are so easy to do now too.

Guhlia Rising Star

I would LOVE to give him a day off. Unfortunately, there's no way. Racing season is about to start and he's already about two weeks behind on systems to deliver. No one else can do the wiring harnesses but him, so he HAS to work. It really sucks.

I was thinking about maybe having her give him a gift certificate for the movies. He always wants to take her to the movie theater, but it's just never convenient for everyone to go, so we never go. I know he'll end up taking her to a G movie and probably not really enjoying it, but he'll enjoy spending time with her and he'll definitely enjoy eating greasy, buttery popcorn. What do you guys think? Is that a good idea? He really just isn't into the sentimental stuff at all. It makes him REALLY hard to buy for with gifts from her. Normally, I just let her choose one of the gifts that I've gotten him, but since it's his 40th I really wanted to do something special for him.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

Speaking of movies......how about a subscription to Netflix. You order one, return it and pick out another one.

Guhlia Rising Star
Speaking of movies......how about a subscription to Netflix. You order one, return it and pick out another one.

You know, I had suggested that to him a while back, I thought it was a great idea. He told me that if I did that I would have to get rid of our On Demand HBO/Cinemax/Showtime. I know, I know, he's like the hardest person to buy for. He's kind of very practical, anti luxury... I already bought him a water cooler for his shop, a c.d. he wanted, a box set for a season of Da Ali G show, the movie Borat which he really wanted to see, and XM radio. I think maybe I'll just go with the movie idea. Fandango sells gift certificates, so I can just print it out here and home. That way he can choose what, where, and when. Plus, he can use it to get away from the family or he can use it to spend time with the family.

Archived