Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

megifluflu

Update: I Feel Better

I feel so much better. I noticed a difference in 4 days. But I'm still having issues. I feel like I am eating gluten somewhere and I cant figure out where.... either that or my body is still recovering. Going gluten-free is hard work but I feel like this can only get better. I'm still dreaming of bread though... lol... and for some reason having sleeping problems.

I know this is a great place to come when you don't know anyone else who is going through this. I mostly just read through what everyone else has to say.

It's crazy because just a couple of days ago I was scared of all of this and now I can actually see and feel the difference. I think my other half can tell, too. Everyday he would hear about something not going right and now he can tell that I've been feeling better.

And one more thing, why in the hell is the food so expensive?!?! That can't be legal to sell a loaf of bread for almost $10. and the problem is that I miss bread that much!! :(

Thanks for your thoughts~

Megan :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am so happy you are seeing results! It's amazing, isn't it? :P

I would suggest investing in a bread machine and make your own. You can buy the bread mixtures. It is soooo much cheaper!

Hugs.

Karen

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

I feel so much better. I noticed a difference in 4 days. But I'm still having issues. I feel like I am eating gluten somewhere and I cant figure out where.... either that or my body is still recovering. Going gluten-free is hard work but I feel like this can only get better. I'm still dreaming of bread though... lol... and for some reason having sleeping problems.

I know this is a great place to come when you don't know anyone else who is going through this. I mostly just read through what everyone else has to say.

It's crazy because just a couple of days ago I was scared of all of this and now I can actually see and feel the difference. I think my other half can tell, too. Everyday he would hear about something not going right and now he can tell that I've been feeling better.

And one more thing, why in the hell is the food so expensive?!?! That can't be legal to sell a loaf of bread for almost $10. and the problem is that I miss bread that much!! :(

Dear Megan,

I am so glad you are recovering! I know what you mean about the prices! I cannot afford to buy any of the special stuff. I have to stick mostly with veggies and fruit. Meat, fish, chicken, and the like is what I need to have. Once in a great while, I get to have Glutino bars or something like Pamela's cookies. I agree that some of these prices should be illegal!

You may not feel a lot better until you stop eating dairy as well. I need to avoid dairy again.

I was doing much better until I began eating it. I could have other issues as well. There is a lot needing fixed to say the least in my case! :(

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Jin

Strawberry Allergy, mold allergy, dustmites allergy, ragweed allergy, dust allergy, food dye allergy - 1985

Asthma - 1994

Ovarian Cyst - May 1999

Anemia - 2000

4 More Ovarian Cysts - March 2000

Bloodwork for Celiac - November 2000 negative

Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, Intercolisis, Gastric Emptying Study - May and June 2001 negative biopsy

Fibromyalgia - June 2001

IBS - June 2001

Gallbladder Removal - July 28, 2003 after doctor said the tests showed nothing, so it was not gallbladder disease. It was very inflamed and irritated and nearly ruptured the surgeon told me at my 10 day post-op check-up.

Thyroid Disease - August 2004

Celiac Disease - March 2007 Current Dr. refers to me as Celiac, as she says blood tests are often inaccurate.

Official Purple Glittery Bat Keeper, District Attorney, and Chinese Restaurant Owner of The Silver Dragon of Rachelville

I know the pirces are outrageous, my mom bought me up some cookies this week, They were like 4:99 so i figured the whole box would be full of cookies, when i opened it up there was only 9 cookies, i was like omg, i better not get addcited to these cookies. Thank goodness i can eat jsut one or 2 and be happy, but still, its outageous.

I just bought some bread to, and it was terrible for 7 bucks an loaf. I am going back to the mix that is like 4 bucks, and the bread is bigger and much better. The stuff in the store pre-made is hard adn gross, at least the 2 brand i bought lol

I felt awesome the first week going gluten free, but im back to feeling terrible, i think its cause i had to give up casein and im upset about that. I am having major withdrawls, even tho i know i will get use to it someday lol.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet